Honored Contributor

I discovered a cool new( to me) product today

I was perusing the elf display and I picked up a double ended eyelid primer/liner sealer. I thought to myself why do you need a liner sealer when you have the primer? So I read the box. Apparently the liner sealer is for turning your eyeshadow into eye liner! It's a skinny little brush that apparently turns your shadow into a liquid liner.I'd certainly heard of using your shadows wet or dry but this apparently keeps it on all day. I will let you know how it goes. I do like that the primer on the opposite end is actually in the form of a chubby stick. That is something new to me as well
Respected Contributor

Re: I discovered a cool new( to me) product today

OMG, you made me remember I have that, too! Love the liner end but lately I've just been using a liner brush with water dipped into a shadow. Works great. But, now I will be digging that ELF item out. Enjoy it.
Valued Contributor

I'll be watching for you review on this. I went to a dinner tonight and tried lining with my deep color shadow after wetting the eyeliner brush but I was afraid it may not hold up well so ended up putting gel pencil over it anyway.

Honored Contributor

While I've yet to try it you would think that just water in your eyeshadow over any good lid primer should probably do the trick. this is nice because it is self-contained and the brush is the perfect size. I already know that their lid primer is a decent product, at least the one I tried, and it was only $3 so what the hey!
Respected Contributor

I have been using the ELF lid primer in sheer for quite awhile now and love it, really works for me and makes my liner last all day and all night. I will look for this, thanks.

Respected Contributor

What a great concept! Going to look for this and give it a try. I don't like adding water to my shadows to make a liner but this may be a winner.

Honored Contributor

woohoo! You mean I found something that all the experts here haven't seen yet? That makes me very happy. I know, it's the little things :-) but I do have one quibble with the product. After dipping the brush into the eyeshadow and applying it, which is quite simple, you need to take the color off the end of the brush. Not a simple proposition. I played with it last night in a forest green shadow, while it wasn't on my eyes long enough to review, I did try to clean it off the end of the brush with eye makeup remover and I can still see it. It may have absolutely no effect on the next color I choose and again I will let you know. Perhaps the brush should be black? I will say that it only took a couple of dabs and it did stay on for an hour or two exactly as I put it on but I'd hate to think everything else I do will be tinged with green! Lol. the microseconds that I save simply dragging the chubby stick across my lids will be taken up with cleaning the brush after applying the shadow liner.. Maybe they considered that in the design?
Trusted Contributor

No, BE has had an eyeliner liquid for years and years. It came with a three vessel plastic case so you could use one for eyeliner one for "foiling" your eyeshadow, one for making lipliner etc . I still have an unopened bottle. The only problem with BE's is that if you mix your BE too thick it'll crack midday and then you've got a real mess. but it is specifically made for your eyes and never irritated my allergy prone, cry all the time eyes.

I'll bet you can still find it if you're interested.

Another really wonderful product people seem to have forgotten about is the vitamin c vial Philosophy made . You add a bit of vitamin c to whatever you like, usually a serum. It's wonderful ! But I found powdered vitamin c at a fraction of the cost and I add it to pure hyaluronic acid , bought in bulk also, and use it all over my dry ,eczema prone skin. (copy cat i know but it helps my body skin at a cost I couldn't afford if i used Phs ,) and there's nothing better, with the exception of aloe and glycerine, for eczema or just dry skin on your body.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the review! I'll keep an eye out for it, sounds interesting. Smile

Super Contributor

I haven't seen the Elf product, but I used BE's version years ago until reading a tip that regular visine can be used the same way.