Honored Contributor

I just canceled my Sephora Play subscription

I know it is a coverted item, been subscribed for a few months and 85% of the products I would never use and they tend to be repetitive.

I realised I still had the Jan box unopened when Feb arrived so I think it is time to cancel

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Frequent Contributor

Re: I just canceled my Sephora Play subscription

I did the same thing. I gave most of the stuff away.

Honored Contributor

I use to subscribe to it too, for about a year. I wasn't really enjoying the boxes, I felt like I was wasting my money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I canceled mine a month ago as well.  I only used one or two of the items the last month I received it.   I was so not impressed.  It was over a year of wasted money.

Plus, a lot of the products were not even new products.  I don't use primer, and they seemed to have primers in those boxes often.

I never used the fragrance samples either.   I probably lked 6-8 items total in all the bags I got.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I've seen people show what they got in those (on YouTube), and I have not been impressed.  I started getting Ipsy this year, and so far I'm happy with what they've sent.  Boxycharm looks pretty nice too, but I decided on Ipsy instead.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Super Contributor

I cancelled mine too!  I had just signed up in November and I could tell after just 3 months that it would be a lot of "stuff" that I wouldn't use or repurchase if I did use. 

I am still receiving my Walmart Beauty box which I am really enjoying.  In fact, mine arrived today and I'm interested in and will use every product in it.  IMG_20180222_140004498.jpg

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Trusted Contributor

I cancelled mine also about a month or two ago, I don't miss it. I would rather get the Fab, Fit Fun box quarterly. I was not enjoying the Sephora Play at all. I'm cancelling my Boxycharm as well, after receiving 2 broken bronzers, and keeping the Fab, Fit Fun box.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

I cancelled last year after giving it more than a fair chance.  I thought the products were okay - a few good ones, but nothing really all that great or all that awful.

My issue was CS.  I had numerous problems with broken products, empty products, and one month I didn't receive anything at all.  CS was completely apathetic every time I called.

So I cancelled and never gave it another thought.  IMO it's a whole lot of hype about something that's not worth it, and I refuse to give my business to companies that don't at least pretend to value their customers.

Valued Contributor

Cancelled mine months ago with zero regrets. The samples are tiny and repeated. Only receive the Allure beauty box now and usually end up using everything in the box. This month a full size Sunday Riley Vit C serum was included. Sephora in general is declining, even their beauty box.

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrelwrote:

I've seen people show what they got in those (on YouTube), and I have not been impressed.  I started getting Ipsy this year, and so far I'm happy with what they've sent.  Boxycharm looks pretty nice too, but I decided on Ipsy instead.

I just recently put myself on the WL for Boxycharm.  I don't mind missing the Feb box, but I do hope I get off the WL in time for the March box.  I subscribed for 6 months to give it a shot and see how I like it.  I waited a while before pulling the trigger on any of these subscription boxes. I was down to either Ipsy or BC, but I didn't want a new bag each month, and I like that BC looks like mostly full-sized products.  But if it's stuff I don't want/use and doesn't feel like a good value (since it's more expensive) I'll just cancel.