Super Contributor

I am looking for a serum to replace Philosophy Back to Nurture Gelee.  This was a oil/gel serum that really added moristure to my dry, dry skin.  I can't believe that it has been discontinued.  I have no more left in my stash.  This was the best serum that I have ever used.  I have tired several from different brands, but none seems to work for me.  I need a serum that will not dry me out.  Any suggestions?

Regular Contributor

I found it on the Philosophy website. Plus it's on sale! Time to stock up!!!

Honored Contributor

I have used Estee Lauder "brown bottle" serum for many years. It keeps my skin hydrated and young looking (am close to 70).  The normal bottle of serum runs $95.00 per bottle which can last you 6 months. Only 4 drops per day 1x's a day is all that is needed for face and neck area.

Super Contributor

KrissyE, I was so excited when I read your answer.  I thought maybe the product had returned.  I typed Back to Nurture Gelee in the search box and nothing came up.  I am pretty sure it has been discontinued for many months.  Thanks, anyway.  

Super Contributor

Re: Looking for a Serum

[ Edited ]

Viva, do you know if this contains vitamin C?  

Also, do you use it in the morning or evening?  Thanks so much!

Super Contributor

Re: Looking for a Serum

[ Edited ]

@Kcubed I found it on Amazon, but it comes in a kit (the gelee with a cream). Not sure if you are willing to buy both products to get the one you want.

Hope that helps

ETA I also found this, but not sure it is the same product (think it might be though). It's not called "gelee" in the product description but the picture of the bottle does say that.

Philosophy Back To Nurture Deeply Replenishing Oil Gel, 1 Ounce 

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

@Kcubed - if you’re still taking suggestions, I highly recommend Paula’s Choice RESIST Super Antioxidant Serum. It’s a great serum for dry skin!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Kcubed My skin became very dry during menopause.  I added Isomers H Pur serum to my moisturizer every morning and used Isomers Moisture Mask a couple of times per week.  My skin is now back to where it was 15 years ago.  I no longer need to use a moisturizer, the H Pur serum or the moisture mask for hydration.  

Super Contributor

I am the original poster, and I have been looking for a replacement for the Back to Nurture Gelee for a couple of years now.  After trying so many products and getting so discouraged, I have finally found a replacement product.  It is 

Perricone MD Chia Omega-3 Serum.

The omega 3 oil is so magical for my skin.  That was in the gelee.  I called and emailed Philosophy several times to voice my disappointment that they had discontinued this wonderful serum and had not replaced it with a day serum.  They had an omega 3 night serum, but it was much too heavy go wear during the day.  This Perricone one is just as good if not better than the gelee.  I received mine yesterday and put it on under my make-up.  Later in the day I was facetiming with my daughter, and she said, "Mom, boy your skin looks good today."  After that compliment, I knew I had finally found my serum.  I use no other Perricone product, but this one fits nicely with my other Philosophy skin care.  I just had to post on the success of my quest.  I highly recommend this Perricone serum.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @Kcubed!!  I take an Omega-3 fish oil supplement each day (500 mg or more), and it has helped immensely with the dry patches of skin on my face.  I don't know if that interests you or not, but I thought I'd mention it.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org