Esteemed Contributor

Re: I finally did it -- not before I stressed for months -- FIRED my "new" hairdresser

Hope you have a great haircut, @homedecor1 ! You absolutely did the right thing!

@tototwoI don't mind advice from what I would think is a professional. That stylist should have given you things to consider about the cut. You did the right thing, too! 

Honored Contributor

Re: I finally did it -- not before I stressed for months -- FIRED my "new" hairdresser

How do you get rid of your hair stylist anyway?  For a long time I had one.  But gradually (she loves to yak to other people while cutting hair) my cuts got worse and worse.  Finally after the last one, she asked same in 3 weeks? I didn't know what to say.  Finally I said I would be on vacation.  Only thing I could think of to say.  I couldn't tell her she's turned in to lousy hair stylist....I had to go to another hair stylist place to get my crooked hair cut fixed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

How do you get rid of your hair stylist anyway?  For a long time I had one.  But gradually (she loves to yak to other people while cutting hair) my cuts got worse and worse.  Finally after the last one, she asked same in 3 weeks? I didn't know what to say.  Finally I said I would be on vacation.  Only thing I could think of to say.  I couldn't tell her she's turned in to lousy hair stylist....I had to go to another hair stylist place to get my crooked hair cut fixed.

@songbird   Sometimes I just love my hearing aids to death!!! In those situations, have to take them out anyway and put in their box in my purse. The stylist knows after the initial ya da ya da about type of cut, length, inches off, the hearing is almost nil because they can't get wet at the shampoo bowl or covered w/ mousse or gel & it quiets the "yak". 

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird -- I once went to a stylist who wanted me to schedule my next appointment before I left my current appointment.  I always told her:  " I will call you when I need another haircut."   No explanation required.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 ................You are braver than me.  I would not go back the the 1st hairdresser for anything.  Having a bad day is one thing, having one continually, however is another.  I would find a totally new hairdresser and never look back.  But thats how I roll.

Good luck

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I would have just moved on when I was disappointed as I have done numerous times with personal service techs.

All  Hair stylists, Nail Techs, etc. are not for all people. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@homedecor1 ................You are braver than me.  I would not go back the the 1st hairdresser for anything.  Having a bad day is one thing, having one continually, however is another.  I would find a totally new hairdresser and never look back.  But thats how I roll.

Good luck

@Imaoldhippie 

Oh believe me I'm hoping 

1) NO new boyfriend or "family" drama (got enough of my own😉)

and 

2) My good short cropped cut🙂🙂

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While this stylists attitude could have been better, I would never call to "fire" my stylist.  I just don't go back. Been there done that and have never once said a word to the stylist about not coming back to her.

And yes I've gone to other stylists in the same salon.  I just walk in and get my hair done.  It's my money, my choice.  I don't feel an explanation is needed.

Honored Contributor

I don't fire stylists, I just quit going.  But, usually it has ended up being the other way around with my favorite stylists moving away.  What stresses me is looking for a new stylist.  The one I have now gives great perms although I don't think she does the best job of cutting curly hair.  However, a few months back I complained about how flat it was getting on the sides and she changed the cut somewhat and it was MUCH better.  I have been going to her for years after another stylist moved away.  She does stay booked, so I always get my next appointment set before I leave.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Fired is the wrong word I'm sure!!! One can't "fire" someone who you don't employ (well technically I did employ her for a hour😉)...or whatever...so I'll change the subject -- "Stopped" or something nicer🙂