Honored Contributor

I finally did it -- not before I stressed for months -- QUIT my "new" hairdresser

[ Edited ]

I have "stressed" this moment for months but today I finally said "enough bad haircuts & color".  She was not cheap either yet never did a great cut/color  as my other stylist.

I left my original girl because she met a "new love" and would cancel appts, cut back hours, price increases w/o notice but one big pet peeve was "she was "pre-occupied" sometimes with the drama in her love life.

Although, she had always previously did a great job..the straw that made me leave her was December 20 I had

appt.  Showed up she wasn't there😡.  The mgr. told me she went on vacation...what???  So they offered me to get a cut by another stylist -- she cut my hair perfectly.  Of course, it was double the price.

After many bad haircuts from "new" stylist today I had enough!!!  I called her & said "sorry I am frustrated you're yet to give me a cut I want or can do".  She said "Sorry to hear this as I've tried to cut it the way you should wear your hair".  

I said "that's the problem you cut it the way you can style it not me".  I was going every 3 weeks for cut.

She said "Sorry but you are hard to please so maybe it's for the best"!!!  

I am happy to finally stop "feeling bad" to leave her ...I have appt with my long time stylist tomorrow and sadly, for her "love of her life" gone and happy for me I'll get a good haircut🙂🙂🙂🤞🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I finally did it -- not before I stressed for months -- FIRED my "new" hairdresser

Wow!  Talk about awful customer service.  Sounds like you are doing the right thing - for you.  Time to move on.

Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I finally did it -- not before I stressed for months -- FIRED my "new" hairdresser

I have never stressed over leaving a hairdresser.

I just don't go back.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

Sounds like a lot of unnecessary drama. The stylist doesn't care if you return.  I would have skipped the call and just gone elsewhere, especially since you stated you weren't happy with her on multiple occasions. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Speaking of stressing, did you ever decide on flooring or are you still thinking/shopping?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

neither have I but both these stylists work same hours at same salon😉

It would have been real stressful to show up tomorrow and sit down right next to the "fired" one😳

Maybe fired was the wrong word but couldn't think of a better one🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

NO🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 spouse signed contracts last week.

Contractor has us on schedule for mid- November.  I have time but haven't gone to flooring store yet.  My cousin & hubby are coming over for a few days so guess where we will go? you guessed it -- flooring store and furniture store,

Thanks for asking🙂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I say "Good for you" @homedecor1 . I've been in the same situation many times...in the same salons. Living in a smaller college town, there aren't that many really good, upscale, current stylists. They usually flock to the same few larger salons.

They're also full service ones for mani/pedis, facials, brows, waxing, etc. Huge salons with maybe 25 chairs and 12 treatment rooms. It's quite difficult to get an appt. with the stylist of your choice and canceling is the kiss of death. Yes, if you cancel an appointment too many times and not with at least 3 days notice, when you call for an appointment, they're "booked" (for you) at least 2 months out. Spite work. 

A bad haircut over and over is the pits and you made the right decision. Boo on her for what she said to you. 

BTW, didn't know about the construction, but wishing you luck. Going through the final stages myself and speaking of hair, ready to pull mine out by the roots. Hope yours go easier and uneventful. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  - Pray that your hairdresser doesn't fall in love again.  You'll be back in the same boat.

Esteemed Contributor

Guess I never stressed over leaving a hairdresser.... many times I've quit going to one and found a new one.  Never thought twice about it.

There was one stylist who wouldn't cut my hair the way I wanted it.  I showed her a photo of what I wanted and she told me that I wouldn't like it that way.  I told her if I didn't like it, it would grow out.  She still refused, so I walked out and never went back.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt