Frequent Contributor

Re: I can't believe my eyelashes and eyebrows!

I'm entering the conversation late, but I am intrigued.  I was reading the directions on the website and it says to literally drop the solution into your eye.  I can't believe people do that.  I would think it would be irritating.  I always thought these type of products were applied like mascara.  I did see where it says that you can use an eyeliner brush.  That just seemed crazy to me to drop it in your eye like that.  

With that being said, I am definitely going to look into this and buy some.  My eyebrows are fading fast, and my eyelashes could always be longer.  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@StlrFan wrote:

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but just wanted to pass this on.  Several mentioned about sparse eyebrows on the outer edges.  I, too, had this issue...losing the outer hairs on my eyebrows.  I found out this can SOMETIMES be a side effect of thryroid issues.  My endocrinologist confirmed my thryroid was basically dead and I needed to supplement with medication.  Just a heads up for those to be sure and check this with their medical doctor.

Thank you StirFan.  That is important information to know.

Frequent Contributor

@selenitetower wrote:

I'm entering the conversation late, but I am intrigued.  I was reading the directions on the website and it says to literally drop the solution into your eye.  I can't believe people do that.  I would think it would be irritating.  I always thought these type of products were applied like mascara.  I did see where it says that you can use an eyeliner brush.  That just seemed crazy to me to drop it in your eye like that.  

With that being said, I am definitely going to look into this and buy some.  My eyebrows are fading fast, and my eyelashes could always be longer.  

I use an eyeliner brush, and I try to keep it out of my eyes.  You only need a little bit on the brush to line your lashes.  I do my eyelashes first and then use the remainder on my brows ( I put 2 drops into the lid and dip my brush into it).  I am surprised by how much it has helped my brows.

Honored Contributor

I was considering trying Rapidlash, but Careprost sounds like a better product!   

Trusted Contributor

Save up to 25% through July 10.

Code: July4
Trusted Contributor

Wow, that's great! What's in it? I'm always nervous using something around my eyes. 

Trusted Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Yes, that can be a side effect.  I would love to use it, but my Dr already warned me. I have hazel eyes, that change depending what I'm wearing or just on any given day.  My eye color is worth more than risking changing it for better lashes.  My doc said unless you have brown eyes, you have a fair chance of seeing a change in the lighter eye colors.  Too bad

Oh, I just saw in another post this is the generic version of Latisse. I have green eyes. It's a no-go for me. I like my eye color. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm still really curious as to what happens when there is some color change. Do the eyes become a completely different color or do they just darken in the same tone?  I would love to hear what anyone has read about this as to what actually occurs. Thanks~

Respected Contributor

I can only go by what my eye doc told me.  They don't know what color they may change to. Depends on the individual.  He also said it's cruical not to let it get in the eyes. You also have to be careful that whatever you use to put it on is extremely clean to keep infection from getting started.  He won't write scripts for people with light colored eyes.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks!  I just purchased the Careprost and retinol and saved!