Honored Contributor

Re: I'M GLAD QVC HAS THE HIGHEST $$$ SHIPPING RATES IN THE INDUSTRY !!!

I don't know how they compare to other. I do know that mentally before I order anything I always add the shipping costs to the cost of the item.

That many times determines if I will order it. After all ladies, how many things do we HAVE to have?

QVC just shoots themselves in the foot (so to speak) by passing these costs on to us EVERY SINGLE TIME!

I'll keep my money and QVC can just keep doing what they're doing.

Super Contributor

I always take into consideration the shipping price. I often go to Nordstrom and buy there since its free shipping all the time.

Trusted Contributor

It is a well know fact that S&H is a huge profit center for QVC and will continue to be as long as people continue to buy. Like many others here, I only buy when I can't find something elsewhere, which is a rarity nowadays. I can find the same items with free shipping and often cheaper than the price on QVC.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/26/2014 customer 5 said:

I always take into consideration the shipping price. I often go to Nordstrom and buy there since its free shipping all the time.

Exactly! If you look at the prices on cosmetics they are the same just free shipping at Nordies. So unless it is a TSV with some proprietary combination of products which makes it a good deal, no reason to pad QVC's pockets.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/26/2014 Jerseygirl1266 said:
On 4/26/2014 customer 5 said:

Exactly! If you look at the prices on cosmetics they are the same just free shipping at Nordies. So unless it is a TSV with some proprietary combination of products which makes it a good deal, no reason to pad QVC's pockets.

ITA - cosmetics are especially ridiculous as there are so many places selling the exact same items for the same price. Some of those places occasionally even have % off VIP sales. I do buy a lot from QVC and only when I think the value is still there once I add S&H. But, unless it's a TSV, I rarely buy beauty items.

Frequent Contributor

I was at a Norwex house party last night and there is a $5.95 shipping and handling cost for EACH order regardless of the amount of the purchase. This brought on a huge discussion about shipping charges. Lots of irritated ladies because the orders were all shipped to the Consultant's home for her to distribute.

I think there were about 15 who ordered - so look at that total. Several didn't order and that was due to that shipping charge. One lady got irate - which was awkward.

Over and over again, comments were made about ordering from websites that offered free shipping. Many like me, were Amazon shoppers plus I brought up about QVC and how I seldom order anymore because of their shipping costs. One other lady there was a QVC shopper too but said she had cut back in recent months.

Evidently QVC still has customers who don't mind the cost, but I always read the forum discussions who agree with me about the costs and how it has changed my on-line shopping habits.

I'm ordering more and more from HSN and SHOPHQ too. I check QVC's "recently on air" and the discussion forms occasionally, but rarely watch a program.

Honored Contributor

QVC not only charges too much for shipping, they also are not competitive on pricing which seems to be high-end pricing for low-end quality in many cases. I got a coupon for $20 off a $40 purchase from HSN in a mailer with other coupons in the mail last week; I will definitely use it to order cosmetics......I can't imagine QVC ever doing this...they just don't seem to care about being competitive. Their idea of a sale is taking off a couple of dollars on a $75 item.....ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

It stops me too when a $20 item turns into a $30 item. I haven't purchased a thing in 2014 yet.

Honored Contributor

Agreed, their relentless pursuit of full retail when coupled with top of the line shipping costs have really dampened my Q shopping. It's slowed down considerably and these, together with a seeming lack of interesting merchandise that's actually available..., are a big part of the reason why...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2014 Retired08 said:
On 4/4/2014 KathyPet said: While I agree that their S&H is outrageous it obviously has not stopped people from buying. Until it does there will be no changes.

Well, as a 20 year shopper at QVC, I can tell you that I have cut way back with my shopping with the Q. Shipping charges are ridiculous and I think twice before I purchase anything. There are just too many other places to shop with free shipping or free with a minimum purchase.

I miss the old Q and I am really sorry that it has come to my losing interest completely.

I say the same.