Contributor

Re: I'M GLAD QVC HAS THE HIGHEST $$$ SHIPPING RATES IN THE INDUSTRY !!!

It is Very strange with the 3 shopping channels! QVC-highest shipping, hardly ever free shipping & no discount for more items on same order. HSN- mostly always free shipping on TSV's, free shipping on a lot of items & reduced shipping on multiple items. ShopHQ- only with shop's credit card, free shipping, full shipping prices on multiple items in same order.

Contributor

I have cut way back on my purchases from QVC. That used to be my go to place for most everything I bought at one time, but not anymore, due to high shipping charges.

Nowadays, I shop other sites that offer free free shipping and % off discounts.

I only buy from QVC if it's a TSV kit, with a good deal that I am interested in. I did buy some things last month when they had the $3.00 shipping deal at QVC.

Regular Contributor

I used to shop so much on QVC that I used to get cards about 3-4 times a year with all the hosts' signature for years. Oh yeah, with coupons for easy pay. (Give me something I use. When did I EVER use easy pay? How about free shipping/reduced shipping?)

I never thought I was getting the BEST price but I thought I was getting a great item that I never thought of. I figure, the perfect gift: PRICELESS.

I'm one of those person that buys a lot of "just because" stuff for my friends/family, and, of course, myself.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I never considered myself naive and thought of myself as an informed consumer but one day I made a comment to my brother about how surprised I was that a Christmas present I bought in July at QVC (this was before they had the holiday return policy; still the 30-day policy) was such a dud. My brother said, "You know they're not your friends, right? That's how they keep their jobs."

Finally, my "a-ha" moment.

My family never told me all those times that they felt the stuff I was getting for them was way overpriced and really never use it. I always got "Stop buying me things."

I'm with majority of the consensus here: the shipping is getting out of hand.

Respected Contributor

I don't really care what QVC charges for shipping. I purchase with the retailer who offers the best deal on what I want. IMO - you should always think twice about purchases, even if the shipping is free, or $3 or $5. I didn't buy one item during Q's shipping promotional because I didn't need anything then.

Frequent Contributor

I have stopped buying skincare and make-up from QVC because of the added cost of S&H. I do Nordstrom, Sephora and Algenist. No S&H or tax at Algenist.

Trusted Contributor

No matter what we think about shipping charges,they will do as they please.Yes,when they have special charges,I do the same.

Respected Contributor

Keeps me in check! I order a lot less.
Honored Contributor

I don't care, I don't even think about shipping charges. I can count. I add the shipping charge to the item price and that is the cost. DUHHHHHH...... So much easier than complaining ad nauseam about something that's not going to change.

Trusted Contributor

Not only does QVC have higher shipping charges than HSN, but they charge me taxes and HSN does not. Is this the same for others out there? It certainly makes a difference in where I do my online shopping.

Respected Contributor

Yes, QVC does have the highest shipping rates in the industry. Fortunately, there are so many more places to order and pay less, in this industry.

I don't even look back at QVC.