Occasional Contributor

We moved to Florida in July. I tried all types of products to reduce the frizz and keep my hair straight and nothing worked. The salon I went to suggested an express keratin treatment. It lasts 4 to 6 weeks and was the best $40 I have spent. I had spent a lot more than that on the different products I tried.  I even got caught in the rain and my style stayed smooth. You can't use shampoo with sulfates in it as it will reduce the amount of time the treatment lasts. 

Respected Contributor

Hello, FastDogWalker2. Smiley Happy

Nick Chavez makes a product called Liquid Silk Blow-Out Smoother. It says it helps to tame unwanted frizz. I'll post the link for it below from QVC's site.

Nick Chavez Liquid Silk Blow-Out Polish Smoother 8 fl oz. Item # A329859. $23.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Humidity and Hair!

[ Edited ]

@FastDogWalker2

I'm in Southern Maryland so my weather is identical to yours.

I've tried EVERYTHING, and in 65 years of buying hundreds of products, including most mentioned here, not one has done much of anything to help my fine, naturally curly hair resist turning into cotton candy hair.

The ONLY thing that has worked is having it "smoothed" every 2-3 months with a product made by Pravana.  I get it done at a salon.  It is not a keratin treatment, and my hair has not suffered ANY damage.  In fact, my stylist colors it the same day as smoothing.

However, it did eliminate all my curls, so I let my hair grow out from layered to one length and use a spin brush on it.

Honestly, it gives me the smoothest, shiniest, straightest hair I've ever had.  I've spent my life fighting frizz, so this is a real gift.

At my age, the curl pattern changed and was no longer as pretty as in my youth.  Smoothing has been the best thing I ever did for my hair.

Also, it is not a Brazilian blowout and has no formaldehyde.  There are other smoothing products out there, so ask your stylist.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in NJ and the humitity gets worse every summer. {I hate the summer} My hair just goes flat no frizz which in my mind is bad enough.