Honored Contributor

My hair is very fine and poker straight with 4 cowlicks - need I say more? 

Honored Contributor

I had a straightening treatment (not keratin) done about a month ago, made my hair so much easier to deal with.

Lasts as long as it takes my hair to grow out.

Have you ever looked into something like that

its by Framesi

Super Contributor

Naturally curly, frizz-prone and cowlicks here in northeast. When I was young, I was teased as I looked like "Ronald McDonald" by the time I got to the bus stop for school in the morning. I use Hair Hero and it smooths the frizz...best use for me is after it dries, applying it to frizz areas directly.

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

I used Living Proof's No Frizz line when it first came out, used it for a little over a year, and it REALLY dried out my fine hair.  I was blowdrying my hair though (always do), which may have caused that effect on me - I note that you do not.   I LOVED it at first, so just be careful over time.

Perhaps I'll try their PRIME product and see if I get a better result.

@fitfuninformed  I had the same experience with Living Proof's No Frizz products, except I also experienced breakage, too.  Just like you, I loved the No Frizz products at first, but after a few months I noticed my hair becoming dry, and then the breakage.  The breakage was "bad," too.  Glad you didn't have to experience any breakage!  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@FastDogWalker2  I'm not sure if you would like recommendations or if you are just commenting on humidity, but I thought I'd recommend some products, if you are interested:

- Ouidad Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo (sulfate free)

- Ouidad Climate Control Defrizzing Conditioner

- Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel

Ouidad is a line for curly/wavy hair, but you can still use the products if your hair is straight or combination straight and wavy.  The Climate Control line is great for humidity.  You can buy Ouidad at Sephora, Ulta, and a few online sites, too.  Also, Ulta has a travel size kit of all three products for $22.  I've seen the travel size kits in the brick and mortar stores, and also online.  HTH 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

My hair does its best in humidity; the natural wave is not apparent at other times of the

year.but humidity actually gives me loose curls..  Just wash and go without any additional product.

Honored Contributor

I have fine wavy hair ... I use Frizz Ease products.   Really do prevent frizz!

Honored Contributor

I use LIVING PROOF FRIZZ SYSTEM & haven't found that it dries out my curly hair. I DO also use LIVING PROOF RESTORE MASK TREATMENT once a week. I think deep conditioning keeps the frizzies away. I read on a "curly hair blog" that frizz attacks DRY hair because it's thirsty for moisture & will suck it in when air is humid causing frizz. BIGGEST HINT: dry hair w/ microfiber towel instead of reg. towel. It's smoother & gentler on hair. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I'm glad the products worked for you.  My hair wasn't dry at all, prior to me using Living Proof No Frizz products.  My hair was in excellent condition, and only became dry after using Living Proof.  I, also, always deep condition my hair once a month (my hair doesn't need a weekly treatment -- monthly is perfect for me).  The frizz my hair sometimes experiences is due to me having a mix of wavy and straight hair.  It's not wavy enough on its own, and not straight enough on its own, so frizz can occur with my hair when it's humid.

I agree with you on using a micro fiber towel or a cotton t shirt instead of a towel.    

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I got a sample of a shampoo and conditioner from this line, and it was great. It was their Beyond Smooth shampoo and conditioner with coconut oil. It did such a good job of taming my frizzy ends.

The last time that I got my hair cut this year, the stylist recommended coconut oil for my ends, especially. I told her that my scalp is oily, but my ends get dry and frizzy.

My hair is long and is naturally wavy with some curl too, especially when the weather gets more humid. It can really frizz towards the ends, especially if I don't use any products without any kind of oil in them.