Respected Contributor

Re: How often do you have your HAIR cut?

Depends on the style and length.  With a very short textured style 3 to 4 weeks max.  When I wore it in a bob for years it could go until I decided to have it cut.

Respected Contributor

My hair grows fast, but it's curly, so it gets curlier rather than noticeably longer (or as I say, it grows out, not down!)  I pay a lot more for a Deva cut than I used to pay, but it grows out beautifully and keeps its shape for months. I only need to get it cut 2-3 times per year.

Honored Contributor

Every 4 weeks when I get my hair colored, I get a trim.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Typically every 5-6 weeks in warmer weather, when my hair grows super fast, and every 6-7 in the cooler months.

Edit to add...   I do sometimes give myself a little trim inbetween.  As long as I don't grab the hair and cut straight across I'm good.  I cut into the hair.  My hair cutter showed me how to do it, and it helps a lot when I think I need a boost!

Honored Contributor

Three times a year. It's an angled cut, with the back shorter than the front. Every month, my friend next door trims the ends of the longer sides. By the time I go in for a true haircut, my hair is nearly even.
Honored Contributor

Every 6 weeks.

Respected Contributor

Every four weeks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a pretty easy "cut" and I do it myself- about once a month, the bangs about once a week...

LOL, with the money I have saved over the last 25 years, I bought  a

house!

Esteemed Contributor

I have to have my dog's hair cut every 7-8 weeks, so I need to let mine go longer!

I wear my hair below shoulder length in a basic style with long layers, which is low maintenance. I get it cut about 3 times /year.

A good haircut is one of the few things that I splurge on. Worth it to spend for someone with experience. I save on my color and blow-outs by going to a beauty school for services.

Honored Contributor

I’m trying to grow out my short layered pixie to a below chin length bob. My hair grows very fast, but every time I go for a cut, she insists I need a trim and I end up with the “new growth” cut off. 

I made my intentions of growing out my layers quite clear. I was reading, checking email, drinking coffee (she has cappuccino there, my favorite) & I wasn’t paying attention. Maybe she wasn’t either.

My next appt. is 12 wks. from now. If it gets ragged looking, lucky for me, I can just wear it curly.