Valued Contributor

Re: How often do you have your HAIR cut?

[ Edited ]

I try to go every 10 weeks.  I'm thinking of trying a new hairdresser.  There's a salon just for curly hair.  I've been feeling for a while now that I just keep getting the same cut and I want to see if someone else might give me something I like more.  The new salon charges $90-$100 for the first cut and then it's less and they cut it dry.  It depends on the stylist you choose, but it can be as low as $65.  You get a discount of $10 or more if you get color too.  All the salons in my area are expensive.

Trusted Contributor

I get my hair cut every 6 weeks and get a haircut and highlight every 12 weeks. It is expensive, but I like to have a fresh cut.

Respected Contributor

Cut every 6 weeks, roots every 3.

I had a haircut from hell (substitute stylist) the first week in October.  Since then I've switched shops and have had my hair trimmed every 3 weeks.  Hopefully within a few weeks I'll be able to have a real hair cut and not just a trim trying to blend the bad.

Esteemed Contributor

No longer color my hair; as it is three inches below my shoulders, naturally wavy and thick, and has long layers, I have it cut every three months.  Both my husband and I love it (never looked better than it does now).

Honored Contributor

For the first time ever I added up what I used to spend on my hair, cuts every six weeks and highlights twice a year.  It came to $600.00.  Since DH retired I just have it cut at the cheapo place twice a year.  My stylist became so popular it was taking two months to get in.  So much for tipping well.