Respected Contributor

Re: How much do you spend on Wen?

Now my spending is averaging $100 a month. It comes in spurts though. I wait for the deals. As you go, you start to know what the cycle is. Last year, I spent more, but now I have a stash and have slowed waaay down. I also have passed the stage where I thought I had to have every seasonal. I looked and found most of the money was going on seasonals. You can save a lot if you don't go for all the seasonals.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Contributor

My spending varies, but I mainly only buy my Wen products on QVC and when they have specials or sets. So I may buy a huge lot one month that will last me anywhere from 2-6 months and nothing in between. Like I said, it all varies.

I too have Asian hair, but my hair can be bi-polar at times. I grew up having really straight hair, but as I grew older my hair started having waves. So some parts are still straight and others wavy. I love Wen because it'll tame my waves and make my hair look nice PLUS I don't have the need to wash everyday or even every other day. I recommend trying something other than Fig (unless you really like it) since it can be heavy and you mentioned you have an oily scalp. Maybe try Tea Tree? Some describe the smell as medicinal, but the smell doesn't bother me at all. It'll normalize the oiliness without it being drying, at least that's what I've come to find. Also like someone else recommended, maybe try more pumps? I too have long hair (in between shoulders and middle of the back) and I use 10 for the first and 10 for the second. In case you wanted to know I'll switch it up between Tea Tree, Bamboo Green Tea, 613 or a seasonal (current faves are Summer Mango Coconut, Summer Honey Peach, Spring Orange Blossom). Hope this helps!

Regular Contributor

Cost? Far less than with any other hair care product(s). I use the seasonal CCs because I have found these formulas work the best for my hair (90% silver/white, dyed dark brown, straight, medium/coarse texture, beyond shoulder length). I use one pump of a styling cream in the winter because I use a flat iron. I use as many pumps of the CC as is needed for my hair and scalp to feel cleansed, but I only do two cleanses about twice a week, and one cleanse the other days of the week. Considering the number of products and styling tools it used to (before Wen) require for a good hair day, not to mention the TIME spent using all these products and contraptions, I consider Wen to be a superior value. I started using Wen a couple of years ago because it was marketed as a product developed for color treated hair. So, I also save huge amounts of money by having color that doesn't fade. Root touch-ups every two weeks (fast growing hair) at home, and I'm good to go {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. I may be 55+, but my hair looks and feels 25! Welcome to Wen.

Trusted Contributor

Happy New Year! Thank you all so much for your replies. I increased the amount of product I used today. We'll see how my hair looks at the end of the day.
On 12/31/2014 DearMegan said:

I too have Asian hair, but my hair can be bi-polar at times. I grew up having really straight hair, but as I grew older my hair started having waves. So some parts are still straight and others wavy. I love Wen because it'll tame my waves and make my hair look nice PLUS I don't have the need to wash everyday or even every other day. I recommend trying something other than Fig (unless you really like it) since it can be heavy and you mentioned you have an oily scalp. Maybe try Tea Tree? Some describe the smell as medicinal, but the smell doesn't bother me at all. It'll normalize the oiliness without it being drying, at least that's what I've come to find. Also like someone else recommended, maybe try more pumps? I too have long hair (in between shoulders and middle of the back) and I use 10 for the first and 10 for the second. In case you wanted to know I'll switch it up between Tea Tree, Bamboo Green Tea, 613 or a seasonal (current faves are Summer Mango Coconut, Summer Honey Peach, Spring Orange Blossom). Hope this helps!

It's funny that you said that about your hair. My hair was straight until I had my son; now it has waves. Hormones! I'll give Tea Tree a shot, too. I went for Fig because my hair felt so dry. It's not colored, and all I do is blow dry it, but my ends always felt dry.
Valued Contributor

I have a rather large investment in Wen products. Worth each and every penny if you ask me or my family. Our hair has never looked or felt this healthy so we are sticking with it. I have learned how to shop for the best value which makes having a wide variety possible.

Welcome to Wen Midori. You will find this forum offers a wealth of very useful information.

Contributor

On 12/31/2014 little miss sunshine said:

I spend 0. I won't buy into all that hype.Wink

Me either, too much money down the drain , I can buy just as good product for a lot less.

Trusted Contributor

The idea of spending $100 or more per month for hair products is just ridiculous to me! There are good shampoos, conditioners, etc. in the marketplace for a fraction of that cost. I think the WEN craze is all a bunch of hype, and I'm not even a little bit interested.

Frequent Contributor

Wen really saves me money because I no longer have to peruse the shampoo aisle looking for the latest thing to make my hair better. I don't need any of that stuff! It's very freeing. No more dozens of bottles gathering dust under the sink!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/1/2015 GoodStuff said:

The idea of spending $100 or more per month for hair products is just ridiculous to me! There are good shampoos, conditioners, etc. in the marketplace for a fraction of that cost. I think the WEN craze is all a bunch of hype, and I'm not even a little bit interested.

Whatever makes you happy. We will do what works for us, thank you very much.

Respected Contributor

I'm just curious, the posters that are not interested in Wen then I guess you're just lurking around different sites. Anyway, I have never thought about how much I spend on anything because money will be here when I'm gone so I'm gonna have what I want. You sound like you have gorgeous hair. I've always admired people with Asian hair. It's genuinely black and so bouncy and shiny. Very healthy looking hair. I feel you may be using not quite enough to get a good cleanse. It sounds like you really like Wen. It restored my hair. There is nothing on the market that can compare to Wen for me. My hair is to my waist but I have European hair with very oily scalp so I can not go more than two days without cleansing. I make sure my scalp and hair down to the ends are covered in the cleansing conditioner and I cleanse rinse and repeat to make sure it's clean being that my scalp is oily. Wen is great on Asian hair, look at Ning Ma. She loves Wen and goes to Chaz's salon and was in one of his informercials and her hair is gorgeous. Asian hair is strong and seems to not break as easily as mine. I feel this is why a good amount of people get Asian blow outs to mimic Asian hair.