Honored Contributor

Re: How do you clean your make-up brushes?

I use Dial antibacterial liquid soap. Rinse them well in water that has a few drops of hair conditioner in it.Stand them up in a glass to dry.

Honored Contributor

Philosphy purity once a month.  Wash & rinse, blot dry & put in sun to dry.  Some of my brushes are 2-3 years old & still in perfect condition.

Esteemed Contributor

I shampoo them with baby shampoo or Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap, rinse and lay them out to dry on a towel.  I'm thinking about getting one of these brush trees though.  It's supposed to keep water from sitting down in the ferrule of the brush and loosening the glue.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I only have a couple brushes that I use regularly and they are not expensive.  I keep them about a month and then toss and get new ones.  I love the Wet 'N Wild ones, especially the big powder brush.  It is fluffy, soft and white and has pink tips to it!!!  As for my sponges, I was them every 2 weeks using CeraVe soap.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I clean them every week with Purity as don`t like the oily smell they emit.  A way of using up Purity Made Simple.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Some brushes I just pitch and replace, but I have 2 that I want to clean after my granddaughter 'dusted' my lamp with them......LOL

That's funny 😂. I clean my brushes w/ the IT "It's Your Brush Love" spray. The lg. 3.4 oz. size is avail. on Q but have only seen the smaller ones in ULTA & other stores. I only use 3 or 4 brushes for my daily quick face & afterwards, I clean my brushes w/ this spray each time before putting them back. Every other week, they get cleaned w/ Purity or baby shampoo.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

I shampoo them with baby shampoo or Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap, rinse and lay them out to dry on a towel.  I'm thinking about getting one of these brush trees though.  It's supposed to keep water from sitting down in the ferrule of the brush and loosening the glue.

Love the brush tree. Where have you seen that? Would love to purchase one. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Love the brush tree. Where have you seen that? Would love to purchase one. Thanks.

@Shanus

If you search "Benjabelle brush tree" on Google, it should come up.  I think I've seen other brands on Amazon as well. 

I haven't tried it, so I don't know how sturdy it is, but I'm thinking about buying one.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I use a very mild soap...that is all. Nothing special.

Super Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Some brushes I just pitch and replace, but I have 2 that I want to clean after my granddaughter 'dusted' my lamp with them......LOL

Baby shampoo works magic!