Respected Contributor

Bre@st Reduction Surgery Gone Wrong!

[ Edited ]

Anyone here ever have a bad bre@st reduction?

I had a BR October 2016 and had planned to get a tummy tuck in February 2017.  The TTuck did not materialize because I told the Dr. during 3 different visits that my right bre@st was BIGGER than the left and was painful.  Five months later, we had a mammog. & sonogram done of the right Br.

The radiologist told me I had "fat necrosis" - dead fat in right bre@st.

Long story short ....

6 Month Follow-up -The surgeon had no interest in my right Br.  He just wanted to know when I wanted to have my TTuck done and told me to "come back" when I'm ready.  That was March 2017.  (yes, 6-month follow-up was one month early because of stated problems.)

This week I have an app't with a diff. cosmetic surgeon because:

#1 - Right Brst is huge, heavy and lumpy .. and hurts when my little chihuahua rests his head on my chest.

#2 - I've grown weary of buying all kinds of different bras that don't fit.  Cheap, expensive, sports bras, whatever!  They don't fit because I've two different CUP sizes!

#3 - Part of the right bre@st is UNDER MY ARM PIT -- really annoying!  

#4, #5 - I could go on and on ...

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Bre@st Reduction Surgery Gone Wrong!

So sorry for all the pain and mental anguish you are going thru. This sounds like something right ourt of the TV show Botched.

I had a double mastectomey due to cancer and have elected NOT to go thru reconstruction, altho my surgeon left extra skin in case I change my mind. At 63, I don't think I will change my mind.  Had the left breast removed in 2012 and the right one done just last Oct. I have to say that that surgery is very painful , getting new boobs or removing old ones. I guess you need to really do some research and find a top notch, patient- approved surgeon to fix the problem. No way would I ever go back to the first dr tho!!!!

Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

I hope everything works out for you and the pain stops.  I am glad you chose another surgeon as the 1st one sounds like a jerk.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
This is the reason holding back from BRS! Realize not all Dr's are like the OP's experience. Women might not be aware BR major surgery! Not to be entered into lightly. Risk and recovery is no way walk in the park. For now Wacoal Stark Beauty and other styles. Shame on the Doctor!! Seek legal advice-> ASAP!! Good luck!🙋
Trusted Contributor

I had breast reduction surgery 30 years ago and never had a problem.  I'm sorry to hear about yours and hoping a different plastic surgeon is able to help you. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina- I had breast cancer surgery over 4 years ago.  A partial mastectomy was done on the left cancer breast and a reduction was done on the right non-cancer breast so that they would be even in size.

I had complications - hematoma, seromas, staph infection, etc.  I also developed necrosis in BOTH breasts.  The surgeon said it would go away within 6 months, then he said a year.  It did not.  I learned surgeons do not like complications.  I still have it in both breasts.  Plus my left breast has shrunk even more from the radiation.

I kept mentioning it to the surgeon, but there is really nothing they can do, short of surgery to take it out, but that is not an very good option.  My body did NOT react well to the surgeries I had (they also had to take out lymph nodes and put a port in), so I wanted no part of any further surgeries and possible complications again.

I am living and trying to deal with it the best I can.  The soft foam cupped bras (Bali is one brand) work best and make them look more even, although I use a thin breast insert also for the left one and then I look pretty even.  I put one strap up a lot higher on the right side to try and make them an even height.   It is difficult - I am more than a full cup size smaller on the left.

So sorry you are having to go through this and hope you find a solution that will work for you.  My masses of necrosis have softened up a bit and gotten a little smaller over the years, but unfortunately I still have them.  Woman Sad

HRL

Forgot to add, my necrosis masses seem to migrate a little, so this is not unusual for this type of complication.

Also everyone, think twice about haveing these types of surgeries!!!

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I hope everything works out for you and the pain stops.  I am glad you chose another surgeon as the 1st one sounds like a jerk.

I've known this doctor for years (at least 12 years).

Many years ago, he did an amazing reconstructive surgery (body contouring) on me.  He went above and beyond what I expected.  So, when I decided to have the BR, I called him immediately and didn't hesitate.

Unfortunately, to my horror, I've read some BAD reviews about his most recent work.  The disgruntled patients were treated like I was ... their concerns were dismissed.  One woman got a bad rhinoplasty and the office staff told her that her expectations were unrealistic.  What's worse is, they did her nose over again twice, and then told her she was being unrealisitc.  SMH.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Rina so sorry for all you've gone through.  I'd definitely go to another surgeon.

The problem with so many surgeons is that once they are done "cutting", they are done with the patient.  Most have a horrible bedside manner, and I wish they'd be better at followup with patients.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I had a lumpectomy in 1983 and went from a D cup to a B cup on that side.Still that way.I buy c cup bras for everyday and have some that hold a prosthesis for when we go anywhere special, but I find that since menopause I get too hot wearing the prosthesis. I have always been afraid to get an implant so this is the norm for me for 34 years now. Sure beats dying of cancer.

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@RinaRina-  So sorry you are having to go through this and hope you find a solution that will work for you.  My masses of necrosis have softened up a bit and gotten a little smaller over the years, but unfortunately I still have them.  Woman Sad

HRL

Forgot to add, my necrosis masses seem to migrate a little, so this is not unusual for this type of complication.

Also everyone, think twice about haveing these types of surgeries!!!

Oh yes, dead fat "migrates"!

Now, I understand Y I can never seem to pinpoint the exact location.  It is so uncomfortable!

For a while, I was drinking massive cups of "golden milk" (turmeric w/ milk & honey), which seemed to help, but after a while, I couldn't stand drinking it anymore.

Thanks so much for the info re: your experience.