Honored Contributor

Re: How do you clean your make-up brushes?

@SilleeMee wrote:

I clean mine about every 3 to 4 weeks depending on how much I use them. Sometimes I clean them more often because the sunscreen I use makes them a bit yucky. I wash them with Dawn. I use one of these silicone eggs to scrub them clean. This thing really works well:

Brushegg-Silicone-Brush-Cleaning-Egg-Brush-egg-Cosmetic-Brush-Cleanser-Make-up-Makeup-Brush-Cleaner-Clean.jpg

This is my method too.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take an 'old fashioned' glass and first add some Lancôme Bi-Facil with some warm water and swish each brush around individually, one brush at a time with clean Bi-Facil and warm water with each brush. Then I rinse out the glass, put enough baby shampoo on the bottom of the glass with more warm water and keep cleaning the brushes until there is no more makeup  on them by refilling the glass with warm water. I do this weekly on brushes used daily. After that, I lay the brushes on their sides after gently squeezing out excess water on a towel. They are usually good to use again in 8 hours so this might be a bedtime ritual one day/ week.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I clean my brushes with baby shampoo using a brush cleaning mat.  The mat really speeds up the cleaning process. I got my at TJMAXX, but I just found out that Walmart has them online for about 8 dollars.

df47d547-eb6a-482c-8fc2-e8b72be8600d_1.5cbf0ee54ffb15c0736caaad1810af66.jpg

Respected Contributor

I used to get dermatitis around my eyes.  I no longer get it.  I purchase a product called Cinema Secrets.  It disinfects my brushes besides cleaning them.  They have a website.  I buy the 32oz size and it lasts forever.

Respected Contributor

I bought the Real Techniques brush cleansing mat and I clean them with my dish detergent, which is Ajax lemon scented. Less than $1. This is also the soap I use for my beauty blender or sponge. 

Honored Contributor

I surely don't have a habit of cleaning my makeup brushes regularly. I'm the only one using them. Only my own germs are on them. If I ever do clean them I clean them with shampoo. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

Too funny!!!

Trusted Contributor

Works well and gentle.

Regular Contributor

I clean the brushes I use on my eyes and for concealer after each use.  I also clean my beautyblender after each use.  I try to clean my other brushes every week or two - can't stand any build up on them, as they just don't perform as well. My favorite products are the beautyblender solid cleanser, the Sephora brand solid and Yardley bar soap (any variety except for the lavender). I think a solid cleanser works better for me.

Honored Contributor

I usually use Dr Bronners unscented soap, the bar soap not the liquid. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval