Super Contributor

Re: How Much Would You Pay For A Haircut

I pay 35 or 50 if I want a designer haircut. Some people I know pay over 80 dollars just for haircut alone.

Super Contributor

I would of go more often if it was near reasonable. The prices for highlights/ haircut is ridiculously high.

Valued Contributor

I go to Fantastic Sams and pay around $18 (plus tip) but sometimes get a little senior discount.  I go to the same gal who is about my age. We chat about our grandchildren and she cuts my long hair a couple of inches and trims the bangs.  No blowdry.  I don't like anyone to style my hair because they never do it the way I like it. I go about 3-4 times a year.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

My hairdresser charges $85.  I always get my color done at the same time and the total is $175.  I give him 2 Bennies.  He's the best thing since sliced bread so I don't mind paying it.

@SurferWife, you tip him $200 for a $175 bill?

@suzyQ3. No, I give him $200 total. $175 +$25 tip.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

While in AZ I pay $35-40 for a shampoo, cut and blow dry of my short hair.  Back home it's $55-60 for the same service.

Maybe because I wear my hair short I have not had good luck with the Super Cuts type of salons.

Honored Contributor

My last stylist charged $35 plus I tipped $10 so $45 total for wash and style. I just switched to a closer salon to save me commute time. They all charge $50 and refuse tips. I would not pay more than that for just a wash and style. Been thinking about going to a chain place like Supercuts to save money, but a few people I know were very unhappy with it. 

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

My hairdresser charges $85.  I always get my color done at the same time and the total is $175.  I give him 2 Bennies.  He's the best thing since sliced bread so I don't mind paying it.

@SurferWife, makes sense. I don't know why I read it the way I did. Sheesh. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife, makes sense. I don't know why I read it the way I did. Sheesh. :-)

@suzyQ3...if I were to tip him an additional $200, I would apparently have more money than I do sense...HA!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

My hair is pretty short, so I would never pay more than $15 for a haircut.   I currently pay $10 for a cut; my stylist comes to my house once a month to cut and color me, and also cuts hair for my husband and mother as well.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I mentioned I pay $18 for a cut in my prior post when I go to Fantastic Sams. They have gone up a couple of dollars since I was last there, but it is still a bargain.  I have long hair and the girl had me stand up to cut my hair a inch or two. Most stylists charge more for long hair. She cut it exactly as I asked her.  I tip her well because she LISTENS to what I want.Smiley Happy