Honored Contributor

Re: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

On 12/26/2014 Funloving said:
On 12/25/2014 jackthebear said:
On 12/25/2014 Funloving said:
On 12/25/2014 jackthebear said:

I just saw a post some where Wayne? that Hourglass has eyeshadows coming for spring15

I tried the ambient palette,while lovely didn't bite @ the price

Thanks for this info on the eye shadows, jackthebear. I had no interest in the blushes but love the AL. I can certainly understand not wanting to pay the price.

Merry Christmas!

funloving

http://instagram.com/p/w_vBFFPF8v/?modal=true

look at this picture from Wayne's instagram how different these look

Oh wow! Combine the way these look with Wayne's description of being more like cream with no fall-out makes these lovelies pretty irresistible.

I already have a weakness for good eyeshadow palettes.

This is going on my wish list.

Thanks for the link jackthebear!

you are welcome, and they do look fun don't they

I just added him to my IG

Super Contributor

I love this powder, as it is so soft and flattering. I think any woman of any age can wear this product, my mother who is in her 80's uses it as all over face color and she looks amazing.
Valued Contributor

I just purchased mood light. I am very fair and applied this very lightly. It gives a nice, very soft, very subtle glow. I have been using for three days now. I like it, but not sure it is worth the $$ to repurchase. Again, this is very subtle.
Respected Contributor

On 12/26/2014 Swedishmiss said: I just purchased mood light. I am very fair and applied this very lightly. It gives a nice, very soft, very subtle glow. I have been using for three days now. I like it, but not sure it is worth the $$ to repurchase. Again, this is very subtle.

You picked my favorite with Mood Light, Swedishmiss. But admittedly do love each one I own. I'm trying to imagine how Mood looks on fair skin since it's one that medium to darker skin tones normally use. Hey, there's no rules, right? Smile YEP. They are pricey. One of the reasons I love them is because they are subtle, but do make a difference. As far as repurchasing, I doubt you'll ever have to since these palettes should last forever.

We used to have a thread going. Some shades have more shimmer than others. I hate to use that word since they really aren't a shimmer powder. They produce more of a lit from within glow without looking oily in the least. It was a splurge for me.. yet still one of my favorite purchases. It's one of those items you can live without, but am SO happy I don't have to. I don't wear daily, but always when I know pictures will be taken, for special occasions & when my skin needs a youthful boost.

Respected Contributor

On 12/26/2014 3star said: I love this powder, as it is so soft and flattering. I think any woman of any age can wear this product, my mother who is in her 80's uses it as all over face color and she looks amazing.

Trying to remember back, the idea was to replicate how the skin looks in the most flattering lighting to minimize skin's imperfections.

Your mother is a testament to how this works well for women of any age.. and I would think ethnicity.

Valued Contributor

On 12/27/2014 Funloving said:
On 12/26/2014 Swedishmiss said: I just purchased mood light. I am very fair and applied this very lightly. It gives a nice, very soft, very subtle glow. I have been using for three days now. I like it, but not sure it is worth the $$ to repurchase. Again, this is very subtle.

You picked my favorite with Mood Light, Swedishmiss. But admittedly do love each one I own. I'm trying to imagine how Mood looks on fair skin since it's one that medium to darker skin tones normally use. Hey, there's no rules, right? Smile YEP. They are pricey. One of the reasons I love them is because they are subtle, but do make a difference. As far as repurchasing, I doubt you'll ever have to since these palettes should last forever.

We used to have a thread going. Some shades have more shimmer than others. I hate to use that word since they really aren't a shimmer powder. They produce more of a lit from within glow without looking oily in the least. It was a splurge for me.. yet still one of my favorite purchases. It's one of those items you can live without, but am SO happy I don't have to. I don't wear daily, but always when I know pictures will be taken, for special occasions & when my skin needs a youthful boost.