Contributor

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

Anyone else tried this? I finally splurged ($45) based on the reviews by Wayne Goss and on beautypedia.com. Purchased it in dim light. It applies far more sheer than the color appears in the compact and works beautifully for a light/medium complexion more on the medium side. But even a light application makes you look flawless. It literally does make you look like you were lit well. And softens pores and lines. Doesn't look powdery at all. Over the Mally Poreless Face Defender it almost looks too good if that makes sense. I don't want to look that flawless. I prefer looking more natural. Anyone else tried this?
Super Contributor

Re: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

I haven't tried the HG, but did buy the Skinn Candlelight. From your description they are very similar. Has anyone used both of these who can give a good comparison?

Respected Contributor

I thought Skinn Candlelight was a liquid product, but could be all wrong.

I love & am addicted to the Ambient Lighting Powders. I have the palette of 3 (Dim, Incandescent & Radiant)- which at one time was a LE. I also have the singles in Mood & Luminous. I think Mood is my fave, but love them all for different reasons.

Honored Contributor

I just saw a post some where Wayne? that Hourglass has eyeshadows coming for spring15

I tried the ambient palette,while lovely didn't bite @ the price

Frequent Contributor

Does the Hourglass Ambient Powder work for older skin? TIA and Merry Christmas everyone!
Super Contributor

On 12/25/2014 Funloving said:

I love & am addicted to the Ambient Lighting Powders. I have the palette of 3 (Dim, Incandescent & Radiant)- which at one time was a LE. I also have the singles in Mood & Luminous. I think Mood is my fave, but love them all for different reasons.

No, the Skinn Candlelight is a powder in a compact. I have it and I've tried to compare how it on my skin to the swatches of the HG Ambient Lighting Powder. Pretty darn close.

Another, similar powder is by Kevyn Aucoin.

Gone are the glitters, hello to the candle-lit from within look!

Respected Contributor

On 12/25/2014 F1wild said:

No, the Skinn Candlelight is a powder in a compact. I have it and I've tried to compare how it on my skin to the swatches of the HG Ambient Lighting Powder. Pretty darn close.

Another, similar powder is by Kevyn Aucoin.

Gone are the glitters, hello to the candle-lit from within look!

Amen, F1wild Smiley Happy And thanks for letting me know about Skinn Candlelight. I was probably thinking of the product he was selling during his last shows- which to me looks a lot like Benefit's 'High Beam'.

Totally appropriate for older skin, kmbcincy. I think we need it most. A lot of younger skin already has a natural luminosity. I do agree the price is a bit OTT... but I'm enjoying & don't regret purchasing one bit. They are subtle.. yet definitely work as intended.

Merry Christmas to you both!

Respected Contributor

On 12/25/2014 jackthebear said:

I just saw a post some where Wayne? that Hourglass has eyeshadows coming for spring15

Thanks for this info on the eye shadows, jackthebear. I had no interest in the blushes but love the AL. I can certainly understand not wanting to pay the price.

Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for this info on the eye shadows, jackthebear. I had no interest in the blushes but love the AL. I can certainly understand not wanting to pay the price.

Merry Christmas!

funloving

http://instagram.com/p/w_vBFFPF8v/?modal=true

look at this picture from Wayne's instagram how different these look

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas!

funloving

http://instagram.com/p/w_vBFFPF8v/?modal=true

look at this picture from Wayne's instagram how different these look

Oh wow! Combine the way these look with Wayne's description of being more like cream with no fall-out makes these lovelies pretty irresistible.

I already have a weakness for good eyeshadow palettes.

This is going on my wish list.

Thanks for the link jackthebear!