Honored Contributor
On 7/19/2014 icezeus said:
On 7/18/2014 Krimpette said:

I always admire the nails of the HSN hosts. Not sure why QVC doesn't take a look and learn from them. Especially when presenting jewelry.

I agree. Every single hosts nails are always manicured. I also think that they must have a person that does the nails on site. I have noticed that they tend to all wear the same nail color as well.

I have also noticed nails look better on HSN.

That being said it can be very difficult to get nails to look like some of you expect, especially in TV closeups. I have to wash my hands often. I also play guitar and take several medicines. All of this affects my nails. I keep mine short, and use lots of hand cream and cuticle oil, and they look ok. I rarely use any polish, sometimes a clear coat. Of course, I am not selling jewelry on TV either. I agree there is no reason to have dirty or jagged nails on air.

Respected Contributor

Susan Graver has the most impeccable manicure ALL the time.

Frequent Contributor

Another thing that bugs me is the jewelry forms they use to display the pieces. Sometimes they are really dirty, so they are trying to sell a beautiful piece of jewelry but are displaying it on a discolored or dirty form. Really takes away from the jewels.

agree with the poster who says Colleen always looks great with hair, nails and makeup - but I wish she would cut it out with all those off the shoulder tops.

Honored Contributor
On 7/18/2014 Feline Fine said:
On 7/18/2014 sidsmom said:
On 7/18/2014 Feline Fine said:

Presentation is important, but average nails would never stop me from being interested in something I really liked.

Man...if Rick's hands are "average", I would hate to see what "BAD" looks like. Oogy.....uber Oogy!

C'mon, 'Oogy Girl', you know what I mean. Smiley Wink

Giggle!! 'Oogy Girl'...love that! I keep looking @ those pics I posted above^^^^...man, a WART?! I'm still surprised the producers or Power-of-Be let this slide by. ALMOST makes the 'Antonella Band-Aid' seem couture! Hee.

Honored Contributor

My nails aren't perfect, but I keep them as presentable as I can. If I was on tv doing a close up, that probably isn't good enough.

Occasional Contributor

Other than nails that aren't manicured, the other thing that bothers me is the choice of nail color. I really don't like the new trend in greys and blacks. Ditto for the style where each nail is painted a different color. Grey nail polish makes the hands and nails look dirty. And while I accept the multicolor look as a fun trend, it's really not appropriate for presenting jewelry. I think it's distracting and takes away from the presentation. There's a way to be trendy and still look put together such as subtle nail art and/or a few tiny blings here or there. Many hosts try but few succeed. JMHO.

Please note that I am referring to show hosts only since presenting jewelry is their job.

-c.

Contributor

I hate that the QVC hosts have their nails those awful bright colors (green, blue, yellow).  It's just distracting to me.

Honored Contributor

This thread is almost three years old.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland