Frequent Contributor

Has anyone stored moisturizer in the refrigerator?  It gets very humid in my house and I'm wondering if moisturizers (Skinn, Olay specifically) would keep better in the fridge. Any ideas?  Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

@bunk wrote:

Has anyone stored moisturizer in the refrigerator?  It gets very humid in my house and I'm wondering if moisturizers (Skinn, Olay specifically) would keep better in the fridge. Any ideas?  Thanks!!

If you're talking about the jar you're currently using, I don't think it's an issue. I have a backup for each skincare product, keep them in the bathroom (humidity for sure) and don't see the need to refrigerate. Never had anything spoil.

Respected Contributor

I have always refrigerated my moisturizers. I even refrigerate my mascaras, xtra Retin A and my spices during the summer. We don't have central air but we do have an air conditioner in the kitchen. I don't run it like our others so, it helps only while it's on. It can get very hot and humid in New York. Take care.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@bunk,   I never have stored my moisturizer in the fridge but in the summer it sounds like a great idea.  You can always Google it to make sure it's okay but I have heard on this board that women refrigerate eye creams especially.  

kindness is strength