Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help with a beauty basket

@Franklinbell   You're a lovely and thoughtful gal pal to your friend and I'm sure that your friendship to her is a gift in itself and the gift basket will be very much appreciated by her! A box of chocolates is a great idea Smiley Happy.  I love all of the recommendations on this thread- great ideas, ladies Smiley Happy.  

Esteemed Contributor

A Big Hug

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't give a plant.  People like me don't take care of them and it is worrysome when they die of neglect and could be embarrassing when the giver came by and saw the poor dead thing I forgot to dispose of.  

Or if she inquired about it--what happened to it?  Where did you put it?  Etc.

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell - I agree with everyone else - this is a wonderful, heartfelt gift. You two are blessed to have this kind of friendship.

I also agree with @SportyShorty07 that you have some great recommendations here. 

I will add a few others. I'm thinking of the net bath sponge like the picture below (I can't think of what they're called!) and a seasonal bath gel. What about something like Laura Geller's palette (A626230) selection if she likes color - maybe just two of them, or Laura's Kajal eyeliners? I would include a cute mug and some teabags. If her hair is long enough she might like a nice scrunchie. If you think she would like it, I would include a beaded bracelet with a Bible verse, like Isaiah 40:31 (not the verse, but where you can find it) - if she's a person of faith, or a word that has a special meaning. I received one as a gift when I was going through a difficult time. Mine says "BREATHE," and I wear it a lot. Check out Little Words Project. They have a lot of choices. 

IMG_2574.jpeg

IMG_2575.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom @You just touched my soul! That bible verse is just perfect to write in a card for her!

Respected Contributor

@on the bay @This is why I love this forum! I got great ideas for this and a few little Christmas gifts! Thank you everyone!

Contributor

My daughter gave me a gift bag, when I was going through a rough time, she had a sugar scrub in it and a lavendar relaxing lotion, and a pretty dish towel, I loved it !!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Such a thoughtful gift....she is lucky to have you as a friend.  So many good ideas...just a thought.  The cosmetic department at a TJ Max/Ross usually has many items that would be great in a gift basket.  If you buy a shower scrunchie, it is always nice to have a liquid soap with it...maybe a Dr. Bonners in a great scent.  

You will certainly bring some light into your friend's life.

Trusted Contributor

@Franklinbell What a kind friend you are!! She will feel special and loved! Besides the great ideas you have recieved maybe add a nice handsoap, some showersteamers, foot cream and a fuzzy, comfy pair of socks.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

Bless you.  Sending warm thoughts to her.

I love rich hand creams that soak in so I can still touch things.  Love Aveeno and L'Occtaine.