Trusted Contributor

My elbows are not cracked, scaly, itchy, or flaky.  In fact they are smooth and soft to the touch.

My problem is they are red.  Any suggestion to get rid of the redness?

Respected Contributor

Maybe cut a lemon in half and put your elbows in the halves?  Maybe it would bleach them.  (This is just a guess...I have never done it!).

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for caring to answer.  It certainly can't hurt.

I must admit it gave me a chuckle---picturing it.

Respected Contributor

@Jamma wrote:

Thanks for caring to answer.  It certainly can't hurt.

I must admit it gave me a chuckle---picturing it.

Me too.....lol! 🍋

Trusted Contributor

@Jamma wrote:

My elbows are not cracked, scaly, itchy, or flaky.  In fact they are smooth and soft to the touch.

There are a lot of suggestions on the internet. Just ask Mr. Google😊

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@Jamma wrote:

There are a lot of suggestions on the internet. Just ask Mr. Google😊

Tried it it did not help my problem.  I have nothing but red smooth elbows.  Thanks for taking time to help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help with Elbows

[ Edited ]

What are doing to your elbows to make them red? @Jamma 

Scrubbing and using cleansers or soaps might be a couple of reasons. If you are concerned about rough elbows then I would try a lotion with AHA and that might help keep them from getting rough so you don't have to scrub them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jamma  What is the surface that you rest your elbows on while on the computer?  I found that the mat on my desk was causing my elbows to peel.  They almost looked like I was getting psoriasis.  I changed it out and the problem went away.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help with Elbows

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee @tends2dogs 

My elbows are not rough they are soft and smooth---just red. I do put lotion or vasilene on them.

I keep my elbows on my tabletop---in winter I always have long sleeves on and now short sleeves,  My talbletop is smooth.

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Hi Jamma: saw the reply to your post about the lemon halves. My mom did the same thing, as I do, cause I have a lemon tree and waaaay too many lemons, but she would add a couple  drops of olive oil and a sprinkle of sugar and sort of squish it back and forth. The lemon juice took care of discoloration , the sugar was a scrub for smoothness and the olive oil softened them beautifully. Voila!  All in one step. Works great Good luck finding an answer!