Esteemed Contributor

TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 7/12?

I did not see this thread this week, so decided to go ahead and start it this time.  I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

My list is for the past few weeks.

I used up:

-Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser.  I really like this stuff, but I don't know if I need something this moisturizing for summer, so I am using samples and a First Aid Beauty cleanser instead of opening another cream cleanser.

-IT Superhero Mascara.  I'm guessing Ulta was selling off their old tubes of this during a 21 Days of Beauty sale, because this was clumpy.  Others seem to really like it a lot, so I suspect it was just old.  But I added contact solution to it and got as much use out of it as I could.

-Garnier SkinActive Micellar Foaming Gel Cleanser, 1 oz deluxe sample.  This worked pretty well for me now that the weather is more humid. I like that it doesn't smell like perfume.

-Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser sample.  This is too fragranced, and is not something I would purchase.  It didn't bother my skin, but I'm glad to have used it up.

-Derma E Scalp Relief Shampoo.  This did not help the eczema on my scalp, and it dried out my hair.  So I used it up as body wash instead.

I tossed:

-an e.l.f. Eye Refresh roller thingy I found in my refrigerator.  I think it's supposed to help with puffiness.  It felt nice when I used it, but I don't think it did much.  I guess I just held onto it because it felt nice to put the cool roller under my eyes, but I forgot about it and don't know how long it was in there.

-2 exfoliating foot moisturizers that were supposed to be like Kerasal.  I hate how the stuff feels on my feet.  I used to be able to tolerate it, but I hate using it now.

-a L'Oreal Brow Stylist Boost & Set Volumizing Brow Mascara.  This nearly made it out to the curb once before, but I thought I should try and add contact solution to make it work.  It's sticky, and if I try to use it with a brow pencil, the combination clumps up.  It's for someone whose eyebrows don't need filling in, I think. 

-a Hola Neon liquid lipstick I got in an Ipsy bag last year.  I don't like liquid lipsticks that dry down to a powdery finish, and this one does.  It also smells like rubber.  I used to use it with a certain gloss, and the combination was really pretty, but I ordered a matte bullet lipstick that turned out to be the same color as the Hola Neon stuff, so figured there was no reason to keep the liquid rubber anymore.

-a tube of Desert Essence Coconut hand and body lotion.  The smell of this used to not bother me, but I find it sickeningly sweet now, and even using it on my feet I can smell it.  So I tossed it rather than suffer through smelling it anymore.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 7/12?

I used up a really old box of discontinued Revlon Root Touchup in medium brown that I had under my sink for more than 3 years. It was still good but I figured that it's time to use it up. 

I also used up a 1 oz bottle of Clinique face mineral sunscreen. I bought this last January and it's a nice watery formula but I have switched to Japanese sunscreens so I won't repurchase it.

Respected Contributor

Just one thing for me, ELF Hydrating Stick, loved this. Because I loved this, it of course, has been discontinued!

To all a great weekeknd!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Thanks for starting the thread @mistriTsquirrel 

I used up one item 

a travel sized Lancôme Bi Facil Eye Makeup Remover — replaced with larger bottle from my stash.

Starting to go through my makeup to send stuff that didn’t work out for me — to Project Beauty Share. I’ve a small box, so far.

One item I am donating is an unopened travel sized bottle of Lancôme Bi-Facil for the Face — it contains Bi-Facil & micellar water. It didn’t remove completely my face make up. I am keeping the opened one to use up.

Another donation are 2 highlighters from Lancôme. One is a 3 palette selection & the other is a small jar that has a cream to powder application type highlighter.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Bosica Blotting Linens - This is a staple for me in the summer and I replaced it with the same.

Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes mascara mini - Got this in a kit and wasn't impressed with it. It really needed to be built up to get any mascara on the lashes. It could have been because this is just the mini size and there's not much product in there. Not a repurchase but I do have another mini from another kit.

Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Oil - This was recommended by Gothamista but I didn't like the consistency and I didn't feel like it removed makeup as well as other cleansing oils. I finished it by using it on my body to remove sunscreen.

Melaleuca Pink Grapefruit bar soap - Got this as a gift and it was fine. I have no idea how much this costs but it wasn't anything amazing. It did the job.

Respected Contributor

hi beauties...  I used up:

beautiful day 3oz travel size. BBW.  This is one of my favorite scents from there.  Finishing a lemon custard before opening something new.  Many varieties already opened.

ulta automatic eyeliner in black brown.  I like when they have BOGO.  

Tossed - an old chapstick.  Was near the end.

Honored Contributor

Hello Luvs, I'm scraping the inside of my Laura Geller Eye Lid  Primer!  Sob..........I have a tube of anti ageing Urban Decay waiting.  Still, I'm scraping.........

Image result for cartoon woman crying with tissue

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel -Thanks for getting us started this week! I used up:

Andalou Naturals Ultra Sheer Daily Defense SPF 18 2.7oz- This is my daily go to moisturizer, I've been using it for several years now. Replaced with another. I do have a higher SPF that I will use on days at home, no makeup days, but I still use this under makeup at work in the summer when I'm inside.

BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar 8oz spray fragrance- one of the few BBW scents that I like enough to repurchase. I have a 3oz travel size one here.

Dr. Woods Peppermint Castille soap 32oz- I used most of this as body wash and put the last few ounces in my hand soap dispenser to use it up. I put a BBW Twisted Peppermint in the shower instead, I definitely prefer this scent. I don't think I'll repurchase the Dr. Woods. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Philosophy Miracle Worker Moisturizer-nice, the last one in the stash, replaced with Trader Joe's Spa Regenerating Face Lotion from stash.

Mally Volumizing Mascara- this is the old formula, replaced with same from stash.

Thanks, @mistriTsquirrel for starting the thread this week.

Have a good week all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Occasional Contributor

I used up a brow pencil from Holly’s now defunct brand, Stroke of beauty -my favorite ever brow pencil! Also a Sunday Riley foundation that doesn’t exist any longer -it was actually very good though. A a fresh cream lotion and a Tarte Lcl mascara