Respected Contributor

Re: Help me find some healthier products!!!!

Excited! They had a bogo $3 off the second set. I got one set of unscented (hoping my hubs will give it a try) and the oats/honey and vanilla combo!
Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Don't go with the newest thing on here,like beekmans,  that seems to be the IT, on here for now, last year  it was something else, look for products that have been around for a long time.

I promise I am not trying to pick a fight on this issue but I'm not sure I can agree with your point.  In this day when large corporations have sent many manufacturing jobs away (this is NOT a dig on China or anything other country -- I do not blame them) I have to applaud a small business like Beekman that is trying to produce a quality product using local resources and hiring within their community.  I hope these new ventures catch on everywhere.  I think those of us who can afford to support them (and their higher prices) should do so if we believe in what they are selling. Heart

I agree @islandgrrl. I've been using their products for about a year and for me, they are not a "fly by night" company that I will get bored of soon and are just the newest thing. Their hand washes will remain a staple for me since they are the only ones that don't dry my skin out and that is priceless. My husband loves the bar soaps and we've tried MANY and these are the ones he likes the best so I will keep reordering them.

I know there are many on here that jump around from brand to brand almost monthly or yearly but there are also many of us that stick with what works for years and don't stray. The only way someone knows if they will want to stick with a line is if they try it first- there is always that first time! And just because something has been around a long time does NOT make it better for us (case in point- noxema and Sea breeze astringent!).

And the Beekmans have a great company and do good things for their community and local artisans and take care of their animals and MADE IN THE USA. Why shouldn't we support these brands, especially since many of their products are great?

Honored Contributor

OP, "healthier" is a subjective term so it might help to explain what you are trying to avoid in order for people to give you suggestions.

Honored Contributor

I was just warning her, that many  speak of this brand or another is best, to be careful, i am for MADE IN USA!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Definitely Beekman bar soap - I will never use liquid soaps again - I really don't even need to use body cream - my skin is so wonderful after using the soap - love their cuticle cream also.  Beekman everything!

Honored Contributor

Beekman 1802 is not brand new.  I just discovered it.  If you look at their reviews you will see people like their products.  Enjoy whatever you decide to purchase.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Don't go with the newest thing on here,like beekmans,  that seems to be the IT, on here for now, last year  it was something else, look for products that have been around for a long time.

I promise I am not trying to pick a fight on this issue but I'm not sure I can agree with your point.  In this day when large corporations have sent many manufacturing jobs away (this is NOT a dig on China or anything other country -- I do not blame them) I have to applaud a small business like Beekman that is trying to produce a quality product using local resources and hiring within their community.  I hope these new ventures catch on everywhere.  I think those of us who can afford to support them (and their higher prices) should do so if we believe in what they are selling. Heart

I agree @islandgrrl. I've been using their products for about a year and for me, they are not a "fly by night" company that I will get bored of soon and are just the newest thing. Their hand washes will remain a staple for me since they are the only ones that don't dry my skin out and that is priceless. My husband loves the bar soaps and we've tried MANY and these are the ones he likes the best so I will keep reordering them.

I know there are many on here that jump around from brand to brand almost monthly or yearly but there are also many of us that stick with what works for years and don't stray. The only way someone knows if they will want to stick with a line is if they try it first- there is always that first time! And just because something has been around a long time does NOT make it better for us (case in point- noxema and Sea breeze astringent!).

And the Beekmans have a great company and do good things for their community and local artisans and take care of their animals and MADE IN THE USA. Why shouldn't we support these brands, especially since many of their products are great?

ITA with both!  Philosophy has been around a long time and their products tear up my skin so longevity is not always a sign of integrity and/or quality.  I also love the Beekman products and especially their Hand Soaps as they are the only hand soap I've ever found that does not dry out my hands.  I was thrilled to find them as I now I don't hesitate to wash my hands as often as I like to do since they aren't they no longer feel dried out or parched.

I am looking forward to trying their bar soaps next for the really dry skin on my body. They get enough recommendations here from people I have come to trust to not hesitate to give them a try.

Honored Contributor

Beekman uses mineral oil in some o ftheir products, this is a turn off to me, far too costly to use mineral oil, cheapest ingredient out there.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I was a huge fan of the Beekman Boys' show. I'm looking forward to getting the soaps.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Beekman 1802 is not brand new.  I just discovered it.  If you look at their reviews you will see people like their products.  Enjoy whatever you decide to purchase.Smiley Happy

This is true- they have had products for quite awhile. I think people think they are new because they are pretty new on Evine-  it was only at the beginning of this year (or the end of last year??) that they first appeared on Evine but they have been selling products for at least a few years now.