Respected Contributor

Re: Help for vertical lines around lips

It's so odd that every time someone mentions a product they like, everyone else says they use and like it. Wonder where these replies come from?? Anyway, I'll say, I also have tried Skinn lip rejen, and the 6x serum. DID NOTHING! The 6x lip goop, is a thick vaseline-like goo. The other products (I got the whole lip kit) are moisturing, but do nothing for even little lines. I use a retinol product, and exfoiliate often. I make sure I apply whatever serum, eye cream, and moisturizer I use, all around, and on the lips. At night I apply a rich night cream as well. I'm currently using Elizabeth Ardens Ceramide Lift and Firm night cream. I think it's the best I can do without and injections.

Super Contributor

On 7/29/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Most of the time, eye creams can be used on those lines around the lips, but you don't have to pay $90! I've been using Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream (eye area only) with really good results,and it's not expensive at all (eBay or Amazon). If I needed to address lines around my lips, I'd sure give it a try.

Hi JLF, that was the one product I never did try. Glad you are having good luck with it. How is the other stuff working out?

Super Contributor

I've been using the ASDM firming serum and lip serum (above my lip in stead of on my lip). The lines aren't gone but they are better and I was a smoker, quit for 12 years and I am smoking again. To be honest and fair I have friends with lip lines who never smoked. It does seem to be part of aging unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

These can be softened as long as they are fine but when they become deep forget the creams. It's time to go professional so I for one will just go with the flow and try to concentrate on other things. I started getting them in my late 50's and have never been a smoker. These lines showed up on me long before those in other areas; in fact I just starting seeing a few fine ones around my eyes and I'm 80 years old now. I can't explain it.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 Kind1too said:
On 7/29/2014 Kind1too said:

Most of the time, eye creams can be used on those lines around the lips, but you don't have to pay $90! I've been using Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream (eye area only) with really good results,and it's not expensive at all (eBay or Amazon). If I needed to address lines around my lips, I'd sure give it a try.

Can you go into more detail about the results? It's on my to buy list.

Thank you!

I don't have really deep wrinkles under my eyes, but I do have some stubborn fine lines and some of those little crisscross ones. I just started with the cream recently, like last week. I've been applying in both the morning and evening and it really feels like the lines are diminishing already...not gone by any means, but improved in a short time. I've never had a real darkening issue, but even so, I think I'm seeing a little lightening/brightening too.

Thanks, sounds like something I need. Can you wear makeup over it?

I do. I don't wait a super long time either. I do all my skincare business and let it dry completely. Then I lay down the primer and let that dry completely (maybe a minute or two). Then I go to town on the makeup.

Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Hi JLF, that was the one product I never did try. Glad you are having good luck with it. How is the other stuff working out?

Hi Katluvr58 - I know it's not technically designated for it, but I've been using that jar of collagen cream on my neck. I don't know if it's really made a difference yet, or if it's wishful thinking, but I do like it. Unfortunately, I'm not as crazy about the Lioele gel foundation as I was at the very beginning. Maybe I need to play with it some more, but I have noticed that after awhile it's been settling in my pores. Maybe I'm using too much? Maybe I need more/less primer. I don't have any answers at this point. I really like the idea of the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream, but I think it might be the culprit in some recent breakouts - 2 small ones on my jawline and a bigger one that deep on my chin. I can't remember the last time I had that happen. I think it might be too much hyaluronic acid for me, but not 100% certain. If I can't use it on my face, I'll use it up on my neck, after the collagen cream is used up. I didn't want to try too many things at once, but once these zits settle down, I'm going to try the Skinfood Pomegranate product. I think it's a serum, isn't it? I'm still hopping around the internet, looking at product descriptions, ingredient decks, and reading reviews. Man, once you get started it seems one thing leads to another, and another, and....