Super Contributor

Re: Help for vertical lines around lips

On 7/29/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Most of the time, eye creams can be used on those lines around the lips, but you don't have to pay $90! I've been using Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream (eye area only) with really good results,and it's not expensive at all (eBay or Amazon). If I needed to address lines around my lips, I'd sure give it a try.

Can you go into more detail about the results? It's on my to buy list.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

On 7/29/2014 grammarqueen said:

I quit smoking at 22, had only been smoking less than 5 years, and I have them too. I wish I could yank the cigs out of every teenage girl's mouth and point to my lips and say, "Wanna end up with these? It looks real cool when your lip gloss bleeds into them and your lips look like rosy millipedes."

I'm getting lots of great ideas from the ladies here (thanks!), but a product I recommend is Paula's Choice Anti-Feather Lipliner. It's the only beauty product I keep a secret stash on hand because I get antsy if I think I'm going to run out. The way I use it is to outline just outside my lip line, because it is colorless. That way, I get maximum color on my lips, and the emollients in the liner lube up those fine lines.

Drinking from straws did it for me.

Valued Contributor

On 7/29/2014 grammarqueen said:

I quit smoking at 22, had only been smoking less than 5 years, and I have them too. I wish I could yank the cigs out of every teenage girl's mouth and point to my lips and say, "Wanna end up with these? It looks real cool when your lip gloss bleeds into them and your lips look like rosy millipedes."

I'm getting lots of great ideas from the ladies here (thanks!), but a product I recommend is Paula's Choice Anti-Feather Lipliner. It's the only beauty product I keep a secret stash on hand because I get antsy if I think I'm going to run out. The way I use it is to outline just outside my lip line, because it is colorless. That way, I get maximum color on my lips, and the emollients in the liner lube up those fine lines.

grammerqueen, I have been wondering about the PC lipliner. I will add it to my next PC order. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I use a colorless lipliner by Urban Decay called Ozone. Definitely stops feathering. Nice to hear about the PC one.

Frequent Contributor

I'm searching for a remedy as well..and I'm not a smoker...think it is from life guarding many years ago. Just FYI...I tried Belotero on the upper lip...painful and didn't do much. I don't recommend it. I've been doing microdermabrasion and argan oil...but not much change.
Valued Contributor

Perricone lip plumper and a good lip exfoliator.

Honored Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Kind1too said:

Most of the time, eye creams can be used on those lines around the lips, but you don't have to pay $90! I've been using Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream (eye area only) with really good results,and it's not expensive at all (eBay or Amazon). If I needed to address lines around my lips, I'd sure give it a try.

Thank you!

I don't have really deep wrinkles under my eyes, but I do have some stubborn fine lines and some of those little crisscross ones. I just started with the cream recently, like last week. I've been applying in both the morning and evening and it really feels like the lines are diminishing already...not gone by any means, but improved in a short time. I've never had a real darkening issue, but even so, I think I'm seeing a little lightening/brightening too.

Super Contributor

Be sure to not drink from straws..........people that do that look like they were smokers.........a dentist will tell you to use a straw but a plastic surgeon will say not to..........lol...........I just drink hot cocoa maybe once a day and water........I would love to know what would be good for those lines. It seems I have one appearing on my top lip......yes one line wrinkle on my top lip.........oh well...........keep cream on them.

Super Contributor

On 7/29/2014 Kind1too said:

Thank you!

I don't have really deep wrinkles under my eyes, but I do have some stubborn fine lines and some of those little crisscross ones. I just started with the cream recently, like last week. I've been applying in both the morning and evening and it really feels like the lines are diminishing already...not gone by any means, but improved in a short time. I've never had a real darkening issue, but even so, I think I'm seeing a little lightening/brightening too.

Thanks, sounds like something I need. Can you wear makeup over it?

Valued Contributor

My PMD and Microderm 360 have done a lot to lessen my lip lines. I use them on my lips every time I do the microdermabrasion and its made a difference.