Valued Contributor

Re: Help! Oily hair/scalp and break out around my hairline

My scalp is oily due to Seborrheic Dermatitis. Prior to Wen I was cleansing every other day, but for the first week of Wen I cleansed daily to get the good ingredients in there. Then I went back to every other day (actually 3 times a week because I don't on the weekends usually either).

I pull my hair up on the second day like the other poster said. Also I do use the TT oil and it does help. My scalp looks like it's calming down the oil production now and so I may be able to get a third day out of my cleanses soon! I've been using Wen for almost two months. It may take you longer because you were cleansing daily before. HTH!

ETA I also use the kids apple sometimes (want to try the other two also) and it's wonderful! I can't use the majority of the original formulas due to ingredients issues so no CA for me. But the Apple kids version is actually pretty clarifying. You could try it!

Respected Contributor

I started breaking out using the BGT. I have used different Wen scents since he came to QVC. I now use the other scents, but am still seeing break outs. I have always had oily hair and acne prone skin. I am in my 50's and don't want to have little breakouts and second day hair smell. I noticed when my hairdresser washes my hair with her shampoo, my next day hair doesn't smell. I have tried using Wen's revitalizing mists, but still have that smell. Has anyone here ever found a shampoo that doesn't strip the hair color besides Wen?
Respected Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Auntie-lolo said: How are people getting hard returns to work? All my posts are jammed together no matter how I format them
Are you on an iPad? If you are on an iPad, everything runs together unless you use the coding to format it. This is with the horizontal carets and so on. There is a list of keyboard shortcuts in a thread that I can't find anymore. If anyone has it, please post a link. If you are on a PC, hard returns should work, but if not, you would need to manually formT, as well.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Contributor

Kjelle- I thought I was losing my mind! I coulda sworn I hit return Smiley Wink I'll keep on the look out for the codes
Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Auntie-lolo said: Hmm, a lot to think about. You all rock! I wish I could remember if i broke out using the TT oil, all I noticed was my hair needed daily cleansing. I have tried going that extra day or half day, could that be causing the breakouts? CAKaren, I am sure it wasn't long enough on most formulas, I had the small bottles of each. The ones I got more of are TT, SAM, BGT, LAV, and 613. The oil I am currently using is SAM. Blueyesny: was it your whole scalp or just sections? Mine are pretty much by my temples on my face and just past the hair line.

The pimples & bumps were scattered around my scalp.

Super Contributor

My scalp is oily and always has been. If I want my hair to look it's best, I need to wash it. It's always been that way no matter what i use. I can get away with using dry shampoo for a day or two, but I have to wear my hair up in a pony tail or some sort of updo. I've been using Wen for 3-4 years now, so I think that's just the way it's going to be for me. I do remember having some issues with my scalp breaking out, but it didn't last long. Using TT helps and I make sure I rinse well. I also wash my face after I cleanse my hair and use an astringent. I haven't had any breakout problems in years.

Contributor

On 5/4/2014 Kjelle said:
On 5/3/2014 Auntie-lolo said: How are people getting hard returns to work? All my posts are jammed together no matter how I format them
Are you on an iPad? If you are on an iPad, everything runs together unless you use the coding to format it. This is with the horizontal carets and so on. There is a list of keyboard shortcuts in a thread that I can't find anymore. If anyone has it, please post a link. If you are on a PC, hard returns should work, but if not, you would need to manually formT, as well.
"

here are the HTML codes you can use.

http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/html_cheatsheet/

Frequent Contributor

I have been using WEN for over 2 years now and since I started using the BGT (which I LOVE) a little less than a month ago, I have been having breakouts in my hairline. I am going to stop using it {#emotions_dlg.sad} and see if it clears up. I do use the replenishing mist as well, so maybe I will cut out both and see. I will be extremely sad if I can't use the BGT!

Frequent Contributor

I too have been getting large welts/bumps on my scalp, which bums me out because I love how my hair feels with SOB. Sigh. I guess it is back to the drawing board.
Respected Contributor

If you having an oily scalp, I use CA. If you want to try the kids and not have menthal (maybe you have an allergy), use the Apple because I think it is the least moisturizing.

Some people will need to wash daily. Everyone's hair is different.