Respected Contributor

Have any of you tried Boom sticks cosmetics

[ Edited ]

Keeps popping up on my Facebook. Can makeup this minimal really be flattering? It's tempting, because of the ease and simplicity  Do I really want to present myself to the public without concealer and my Balance and Brighten? I would still use mascara and eyebrow enhancement. Enquiring minds want to know. 

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

Re: Have any of you tried Boom sticks cosmetics

Yes!  As of late it's all i use.  Eyeliner and mascara is all I add... oh and eyebrows.  I just received their new color.  

No thought is worth thinking.....
Respected Contributor

@bunjetto wrote:

Yes!  As of late it's all i use.  Eyeliner and mascara is all I add... oh and eyebrows.  I just received their new color.  

Well that's cool! Ok so playing devils advocate, couldn't I just go minimal with the products I already have? What is it about the Boom that you like so much? And thanks for responding so fast. 😊

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@bunjetto wrote:

I like and use it also! I add spf, eyeliner, eyebrows and sometimes under eye concealer to brighten under my eyes. I only use foundation on special occasions. I also like and use Ogee sticks.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Yes. I was less than impressed. I didn’t like the moisture stick. It was sticky and never seemed to sink in. The glimmer stick is pretty and used it on my eyes as a light eye shadow. The color stick is not my color. Makes me look like I have rosacea (I don’t) no matter how little I used. I bought Ogee and like them much more. They blend easier and are pretty shade.
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother  I tried it and didn't like it at all. I have oily skin, and all of the Boom items felt sticky to me...and they didn't have any staying power, either. I bought the 3-piece set and thought it was very overpriced for what it is. I ended up throwing it away, with most of the product still left in each tube.

Might be better for dry skin.

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@fairydogmother  I tried it and didn't like it at all. I have oily skin, and all of the Boom items felt sticky to me...and they didn't have any staying power, either. I bought the 3-piece set and thought it was very overpriced for what it is. I ended up throwing it away, with most of the product still left in each tube.

I read a review that said it was like rubbing chap stick on her face (the moisture stick)  😕 honestly I'm skeptical about one shade working for every complexion.  This morning I did a minimal makeup look with what I already own and I like it just fine 

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

I don't have to wear foundation at all with this trio.  I wasn't sure about it at first but after using a couple times its all i use.  I feel the color works on all skin.  It's so easy.  I did see where someone mentioned the Ogee... I may have to give that one a shot.  If you watch the videos re the application..I think that will help you out.  I also tried the Jones Road from Bobbi Brown... that is like putting colored vaseline on your face....i may have to play with that one for a while...i will update on that ..still don't know if i like that one.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@vermint wrote:

I read a review that said it was like rubbing chap stick on her face (the moisture stick)  😕 honestly I'm skeptical about one shade working for every complexion.  This morning I did a minimal makeup look with what I already own and I like it just fine 

@fairydogmother That sounds about right, lol! Like you, I now do the minimal look with what I already have--I'm much happier with it!

Trusted Contributor

I have it and like it, but I am pretty minimalist in my makeup.    It is not full coverage, as no foundation is sold.  I don't care much for foundation, so no big deal to me.  I did buy another shade of color stick for variety.  Not sure about the moisture stick; sometimes I use it, other times I don't.  I really love that it comes in a little bag that takes up little space for travel.  I add my brow product and a tinted lip balm and I'm set!