Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Stopped Using Wen?

Experience shows, No matter what brand. One size! Doesn't fit all. Same with makeup skin care and so on. Truly don't understand? The obsession with debating why? Mean really. Former WEN user never would push my decision on anyone. Now if someone wants to know if my experience was the same? Then of course. There's more than enough different products. No one should feel stuck in a rut.
Respected Contributor

My hair looks as good as the models without doing anything to it but using Wen. I do want to say that a great cut is a must.

I can wash my hair, blow it dry, sleep on my silk pillowcase (yes, it makes a difference) get up the next morning, brush my hair and go out the door. I have a below the chin angled bob.

So no, I haven't stopped using Wen nor will I. In fact, my hairdresser uses Wen and loves it.

But as others have said, not every product is for everyone.

Super Contributor

Absolutely! Dislike the product very much made my hair worse!! 

Respected Contributor

I would not listen to your hair stylist. They do not always know whats what.  You need to research things on your own  and look at science rather than opinion. If you never had issues then I do not see a need to stop useing wen. Or trying maybe the kids formula which is the most gentle I am assuming.

I love the whole idea of wen and even tho I had an allergic reaction to some of it ( not all  some work fine)  and I re-try it sometimes when something new comes out but I just can not do it on a regular basis.  I want a fast shower. If anyone  knows of a fast rinse wen formula that deeply cleans then I am open to try it some more but I like easy rinse items. I have arthritus that is just dredfull  in the mornings and I need a fast shower.  I use matrix  cleansing conditioner on occasion  for it rinses out very well  and easy to work in.  They updated their formulas so its better than when first released a year ago.

Respected Contributor

@kcladyz, if it helps, Nick Chavez makes a hair cleanser called POUF! Re-Do Hair & Scalp Cleanser. It's not a cleansing conditioner, but it's not quite a dry shampoo. I think it's more of a refresher than anything.

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server2600/7ca87/products/244/images/482/POUF_ReDo__49922.1446230740.500.659.png?c=2

Not sure if this helps, but I figure it might be good for those days when a person is in a hurry and doesn't have time to wash their hair or is at the gym and wants to cleanse away any odor from their hair.

It's at Nick's site. It was at QVC, but it's sold out right now. The product description and how it works is below.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Product Description

Nick Chavez' POUF! Re-Do Hair & Scalp Cleanser cleans hair and scalp anytime, without water! Provides a quick fix for restyling and refreshing. Formulated with Acai Berry, Passion Fruit, Sweet Almond Oil, Argan Oil and Shea Butter. Instantly transforms lifeless, limp, and un-clean hair into hair that feels refreshed, volumized, and shiny. Formulated to absorb excess oil and remove odor for a "just washed" look and feel with a light, fresh scent.

To Use: Use on un-clean hair. Pump product into your hand and spread throughout hair and scalp with fingertips. Using a towel, gently rub hair to remove any dirt and excess oil. Blow dry to revive your style.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

I want to reply to the questions that are posted in the correct manner but it seems as if I am wrong no matter what I say.  I have been using this product for several years now.  I have Three that I enjoy.  

It is easy an simple as a matter of fact, I had just a few minutes to spare last night and wanted to have my hair clean before an outing.  This product works great for me and yes I will continue using it.  

If I stepped on someones toes.. Sorry,  I seem to do this anytime I post a reply but I have tough skin and I am a kind hearted person.  One day I will learn how the communication goes in the Forum..

When your life is extremely busy it's hard to be on line learning another process that should be relaxing not judgmental on the first notification.  If you understand what I am posting that is wonderful.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for telling sharing how you use WEN, sounds like the way I use it also when I am staying home for the night.  

Valued Contributor

I am laughing because I feel the same way and my hair grows like weeds!  I love it.

Valued Contributor

I am sorry to hear that you did not get the expected results. I do know the C/S always help get the right product for you if you call.