Occasional Contributor

Re: Has Tova Signature changed over time?

I'm sad because I bought the Summer scent and it doesn't last 2 minutes! Smiley Sad And my husband threw away the box and receipt! Smiley Sad

Original Tova definitely changed.

Respected Contributor

I used the origianl Signature scent from the very beginning.  People would literally stop me in the streets asking what I was wearing.  I never had it on strong, but there was a scent that people picked up that was unlike any other. It lasted ALL DAY.   I can't even tell you how it's changed because the original was so gorgeous and unique, it's difficult to describe how so, which is part of what made it so special.  I know so many men who bought it for their wives and girlfriends just because they smelled it on me.  It just doesn't have the special something any longer...  it also has a lot more of an alcohol base to me.    I think some of the ingredients in the original are now banned by the government, so even if Tova really wanted to capture the original,  I no longer think it's possible.

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I've read Tova Signature was changed many, many years ago.  

Yes..    as soon as QVC bought her line, everything was changed...  RUINED, IMO.  They took a great fragrance AND skin care/cosmetics line, and destroyed it.  SHAME.

Honored Contributor

There are old, old, OLD threads about this for those who are nterested.

I bought up all the solid perfume ( 2 styles of compacts, pencils) I could buy when the change had just begun to occur, so I have plenty of the original scent.

I haven't bought since Tova sold the company, so I can't comment on current differences, but I sure do love all the OLD Tova fragrances and wish they were still available!

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Tova in the old days was a truely unique, clean but enticing scent.  Many years later  Pure Grace was formulated and was/is like a weak imitation of the old Tova.  Some insist the current Tova Signature  fragrance is not the same.  If it's changed, how so?  Is it better? Does it still last.  I wanted to purchase the super mega size eau de parfum and bath gel set but thought too long and missed it.  With fewer throw away dollars these days I'd like to make an' informed decision'  rather than an 'impulse buy'  Advise anyone?

I never had the pleasure of using the original.  I did purchase the solid in a compact last year and although it is a lovely fragrance it does not last at all.  On me anyway. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Tova Signature has changed.

I have one small bottle of the 'original' Tova Signature (still has the Beverly Hills address sticker on the bottom of the bottle) and compared it to another bottle of Tova Signature that I purchased a couple of years ago.

To my nose, the newer version is lacking the lower, warmer notes that the 'original' has.  With the newer version, I smell the high Bergamot notes and an alcohol note, then it dries down to the middle floral notes.  I think the newer version is lacking the same amount of warm sandlewood and maybe a little musk notes that are in the 'original'.  With complete drydown of the 'original', I can still detect the high, middle and lower notes of the fragrance.  With the newer version, I only detect the middle notes and the fragrance isn't as strong as the 'original'.

The newer version isn't bad, it does smell nice, just not as heady as the 'original'.  Tova Signature is a nice everyday fragrance as it isn't overly sweet or floral, it smells fresh but not overly citrus or powdery, either.  I've never smelled any fragrance that comes close to Tova Signature 'original' and I've looked for years.