Respected Contributor

Re: Happy July, Scents and Common Sense Thread

Doglover, I think the Amore Pacific is at Ulta or Sephora. I thought they needed more shades from the presentation but that is all the shades it comes in. No idea coverage-wise how they are. I tested the IT one on my hand, that's the only one I have actually played with. I don't love the sponge idea, to be frank. Hoping IT will take the actual foundation and put it in a bottle!

They have threatened us with the gamut here weather-wise today and through tomorrow. It feels like the tropics it's so hot and muggy. I got a walk ion while I could.

Respected Contributor

Desi, the sponge gives you full coverage where the brush gives you a lighter coverage which for me is perfect so, I use my RT expert face brush and works out perfect. I sort of think going by all other IT foundations if this newer one, CC + veil is the same it will be heavier than I like or am use to since on me the IT one I have is heavy and full coverage which isn't a preference for me. I like the look and feel I get from this new Mally foundation in the compact but as you say, don't get much especially if you use the sponge but will last a lot longer using the RT expert face brush. Watching the video for amour pacific compact foundation I heard her say her sponge doesn't absorb the foundation so it will last longer, sponge just applies it to your face, don't know but worth looking into another type of sponge if they make one like that that doesn't absorb but only applies although as said, a sponge does put on a lot more product so for those what want/like a full coverage foundation, the sponge is the way to go. For lighter coverage, the brush is the way to go.

I was going to ask you, did you ever try the newer(not new) IT illuminating anti aging compact? It is here on QVC and most likely at Ulta too. I know it is a powder but since it says illuminating and moisturizing I was wondering if it really is moisturizing enough for dry skin? I know powder is the quickest thing to apply and some days I am in a super hurry when we get up although this new Mally goes on very quick using my RT EFB. I know her regular celebration foundation is just plain powder but this newer one says illuminating and anti aging, says to moisturize so, was wondering? I should get to Ulta I know but just don't for some reason.

Same weather here, still very humid but want that to break for tomorrow so, hopefully I can open the windows even if we still have to have the AC on only in the bedroom, can at least save our bigger one that is so old. I wouldn't attempt to walk yet, way too muggy and humid plus rains at any given time without notice. I will take a walk around midnight most likely if the humidity breaks by then, is when I usually go around our block, is a big block and if I feel like it I add the another block in with it. It isn't that the temp is high it is just sooo muggy and very humid, sweat doing just little things when out.

See Josie has a skin TSV for August as does Tula but nothing else in cosmetics but do have a cute ankle boot I may look at, will see on that one.

Oh, the eye brightener in the new Mally kit, I used it before foundation but read someone said you are to use it after foundation so tried that today, both work the same but you have to use so very little and I do mean a little, little goes a long long way so it will last a long time. I personally like it better under the foundation but today I put it on over but than used my RT EFB with just the tad that was already on the brush and went over it, was fine. It does brighten if I don't get enough sleep which shows under my eyes but otherwise, don't need it but will come in handy once in awhile.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, sorry, should have explained it's the foundation-soaked sponge component system I don't like. Not how to apply it from the compact. ITA with what you said as far as application. What I haven't heard any vendor explain is how a closed, dark, damp foundation repeatedly touched with an applicator isn't going to grow bacteria. The actual fluid is awesome from what I could see when I put it on the back of my hand at Ulta. Not heavy, like a tinted moisturizer with some coverage and lasting qualities. Someone described it as the CC cream without the "cream".

I have tested on my hand the IT Celebration Illumination at Ulta. I think you'd have to buy it to see if it's moisturizing. It seems very dusty and powdery and doesn't look illuminating on my hand. If you test it at Ulta you should test Halo too.

Sounds like you don't need the brightener. Lucky, lol, I am so dark under my eyes. Glad you figured the best way to apply it.

I have the AC on, I can't breathe when I shut it for too long. Hope yours lasts at least for this yr. Shopping for them is no fun. Really going to be a pain for you if you can't get the same size as the old one.

Respected Contributor

I did test a Nikki Minaj perfume at CVS today. They were all out of place and capless so I don't know which one it was, maybe Pink Friday. Doglover, think you might like this one. I can still smell the one small spritz on the back of my hand, and it's been washed a bunch of times since I was there. Not me really but it isn't bad.

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone. The cool-ish weather is finally here. I actually have the doors and windows open!

No new finds scent or makeup wise. Really haven't gone anywhere to look at things.

Had a little scare with Boo Boo the cat. He was fine in the morning, fine in the afternoon when I came back from the doc's office. Home for about 2 hours and then ran a few errands. When I came back, Boo Boo was kind of wobbly. Which, of course, progressed into falling over. I thought he had a stroke, so I called my vet. No appointments left for the day and to call tomorrow.

Well, we did the wait and see game, which was the wise thing to do. After bringing the litter box downstairs (so Boo Boo didn't have to do steps), and keeping the dogs in the bedroom with me overnight, Boo Boo is back to his usual funny self. No wobblies, no falling over, nothing. He is eating, drinking, and doing his business appropriately. Part of me wonders if he had a mini-stroke.

Bella and Pepe are well.

Respected Contributor

Hi Pepe's mom, glad that Boo Boo seemed to recover on his own. I guess it saved you an unnecessary trip and some cash. Always good! As long as he seems better, probably wouldn't have been any different outcome-wise even if they had seen him. You would just be more exhausted. Bet the doggies want their freedom back now that their fur-kitty is okay.

Cool sounds good! If it's cooler there it will hopefully get here as well. Still raining now.

Smashbox seemed to do well on HSN but disappointed no kits. Wonder if they aren't allowed to (a clause maybe) since they were previously on the Q? They don't have many kits there in any brands, one huge advantage of beauty offerings at QVC.

Respected Contributor

Desi, is the halo moisturizing at all or does it look dry on like most powders? I know if my skin wasn't so dry I would get a powder, would go so much faster when I am in a hurry. I know this new Mally foundation is fast though too but as you say, also wonder about bacteria but guess it isn't any different than ones in a jar that people use and dip brushes and sponges in? I have always used a pump one for this reaon and just put a dab on the top of my RT EFB. I now dab this brush onto the foundation in the compact and does a great job but as I said, isn't much in the compact but what is there is nice, won't use the sponge, takes up too much foundation and lays on too much on the skin which I don't want or need.

I think over time HSN will do kits too like they do in other brands and specials. I know SCA and SSC always have kits as did ybf when they were on there.

Scent sounds nice if you think I would like it but really love my ET WD better than anything I have ever tried.

I think the humidity broke, just came in from the yard and I can feel the difference. I turned the big old one off to give it a break but will keep the bedroom on just for tonight than off that one goes tomorrow/Wednesday.

The big one is huge but still runs on a 110 line since we don't have a 220 line going into the house. All the ones we looked at are much smaller than this one and we have a huge hole in our family room wall which is where we are all the time and opens out onto our patio. It would look like cr ap if it has to be replaced or patched since we have a nice walnut paneling on 3 walls and stone on the opposite wall that was the original back of our house. We can't match that paneling up, already checked that out, nothing even close.

pepesmom, glad BooBoo is better. Wonder if not a mini stroke maybe some kind of spell or seizure? Hope BooBoo is totally better by today without farther problems. It really gets to you when anything happens or is the matter with them, always worry.

Respected Contributor

Doglover, I really don't think we can expect any powder to be moisturizing regardless of claims. Powders absorb moisture. Smashbox used to say it had encapsulated water and made your skin look better as the day went on. They don't mention the water now, probably untrue statement, but my skin does look better as the day goes on I think - but it does with IT CC as well. However, I will say that for a powder, Halo looks the least dry. Not a ton of coverage so you would probably not like it unless you want a finishing powder. Less than light coverage I'd say but the finish is beautiful. Doesn't last in this humidity but not much does. I don't think you'll be too happy with it or Celebration to be honest - get thee over to Ulta and check them, lol!

ITA, jars aren't sanitary either. Some brands give you a tiny spatula to take out the amount that you need but I am sure no one uses it more than once.

You are right, SSC and SCA do have kits. Wonder if they have a clause that only they can offer kits?

I think a contractor could probably figure something out if you had to replace the AC. Yours can't be the only one like that needing replacement. When the time comes you can check around.

Raining out.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! Lurker checking in. Hi to Kate and Irsh! Welcome! Desi, don't say I told you so okay? Rheumo doc loves the weight loss, down 22 lbs, and the exercise. Does not like the jogging/running. Making the inflammation act up. Legs and low back acting up. So I'm back to do 30 minute walk for a few months 5-7 days a week. He says the jogging is too intense and that's why I sleep 12 hrs after the runs. I hurt for a week, but when I saw the results, I wanted to keep going. He also adjusted some of my meds so I can get better sleep. Fatigue has been kicking my tushie. I'm glad Mr. Desi and Mr. Doglover are doing better! Pepes mom I hope Boo boo will be okay. Lucy and Gracie say woof! They doing great.
Respected Contributor

Makeup, awesome, congrats on the 22 lbs! I think you are doing great with your new regimen. Slower is fine, just keep going. Glad you got better meds to help you sleep. You know me, sleep confounds me as well.

Glad Lucy and Gracie are fine, kiss them for me.

It is good the DH's got better, thanks!

You come post more often, we know you're there girl!