Honored Contributor

I have keratin in my hair and I am going to spend a week at the beach and pool, I am trying o find a hair protector that will not allow the salt/chlorine to penetrate.

All suggestions welcome.

thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox   I'm sure you'll get better answers than this, but I put some light oil or cream in my hair before heading to the pool, and saturate it with shower water before going into the pool so that it doesnt absorb as much chlorine.  When I go to the beach, I just go to the beach!  But there are often showers there so I could do the same thing.  

As for the oil, I have Alterna Bamboo Kendi Oil.  I also have an old bottle of Wen Replenishing Mist.  I'll use whatever is in my stash, but nothing is made for the purpose. Enjoy your vacation!

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox Here is one to consider89205A5C-D31C-463D-92C2-199BCFE9A3FB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I swim just about every day.  Since I've let my hair grow, I have resorted to wearing a bathing cap.  I wear the speedos which comes in a varity of colors.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Avoid pools with heavy chlorine and do not get you hair wet in salt water. maybe a swim cap . i used one when i had a keratin treatment but imo looked really dorky swimming in the ocean.  my keratin only lasted barely a month.

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@I am still oxox Here is one to consider89205A5C-D31C-463D-92C2-199BCFE9A3FB.jpeg

@butterfly123   ... have you used this? If so, what can you tell us about it?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@butterfly123   ... have you used this? If so, what can you tell us about it?  Thanks!

@ItsME 

I have not used this product but my nieces use it and swim 4-5 days a week at the Y. They were having problems with their hair drying out, turning greenish and shampoo wasn’t working to cleanse their hair. 

There are other products available also. I wish I could be of more assistance on this. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hair protector

[ Edited ]

After spending a good amount of money on a keratin treatment, I'd asked my stylist what he/she recommends.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hair protector

[ Edited ]

I don't think there is anything you can just apply that's going to give you real protection from salt and chlorine.  I think the best you can do is saturate your hair with a keratin infused conditioner or leavin-in. 

Eta- Since you won't wear a swim cap.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the answers, I would never wear a bathing cap. my keratin was 200 my vacation was several thousands, so I guess I have to weight my options

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.