Respected Contributor

I'm on an organization bender. I'm trying to find a new way to store my hair tools to use while sitting at a vanity. I've took an old laptop desk from Target and turned it into my vanity. I purchased an OttLite Lighted Mirror, repurposed some boxes that Klutch Club sends their monthly goodies in, and now need to figure out if I want to use a basket for my hair tools, get some 3M hooks and hang them on the side of the desk or wall, get one of those desktop hair storage caddies or what. Please share your ideas for your hair tools storage, the good, the bad and the ugly too! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Tool Storage Question

We have a very small vanity in our master bath. Between it and the toilet is only about 8 inches or so of space. I got lucky and found some space saver organizer drawers that fit right in the opening. Believe it or not, I've never seen a similar item before that or after. It's handy for storing my hair dryer, Perfecter, and flat iron in one drawer, a couple rolls of toilet paper in another, and the bottom drawer is where I collect used white washcloths until I have enough for a load.

Contributor

I purchased one of those rolling carts that are meant to be used between a washer and dryer. It is on wheels and has 4 shelves. I use it for all my cosmetics, skin care, and hair styling tools. I can roll it up to my vanity, works great, and keeps everything organized
Respected Contributor

On 6/22/2014 tbird said: I purchased one of those rolling carts that are meant to be used between a washer and dryer. It is on wheels and has 4 shelves. I use it for all my cosmetics, skin care, and hair styling tools. I can roll it up to my vanity, works great, and keeps everything organized

I have one of those, and it isn't being used. I may give that a try tonight and see how it works in the morning. It could store my tall cans of hairspray and products. Great idea.

Trusted Contributor

You already sound more organized than I am. I do sit at a vanity in my bedroom to do my makeup..I have to sit at a lighted magnifying mirror.

I have to do my hair standing in the bathroom, I keep all my brushes, flat irons, and curling irons, in a Party 31 round container..Each one is in a sleeve. My hair dryer is in it too. I have Calista Tools hot rollers in the same cabinet beside the round basket in the box they came in..I don't use them as often...all my clips and hair products are under my bathroom sink in the cabinet in plastic containers........I'm in process of cleaning out now, it feels so good to get rid of and organize ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I don't know what the desktop caddie looks like, sounds like a good idea though, but your other ideas sound good also.

Sorry I don't have any new ideas, maybe someone else will have a better solution...

deja vu

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Super Contributor

Check out The Container Store. The have a hair tool caddy that may work for your needs.

Respected Contributor

I have a basket that hangs on the back of each door in my vanity. One has hairsprays and dry shampoo, and the other has curling irons/rods and my blow dryer. I think I paid $5 each at a home/garden store. They are metal. It's absolutely perfect!