Esteemed Contributor

@Mama Mia wrote:

I appreciate your opinions very much and they make me look at it in a different way. We'll see how it goes. As it is, the post numbers also got cut way down too.Cat Happy

mm

That goes for me, too.

But a whole heart seems like a very strong emotion!

What if you only like what someone says? I guess I need a half a heart!

Occasional Contributor

Respected Contributor

Giving someone a heart because you agree with their post is fine.  But listing who has the most hearts means it's a popularity contest.

Honored Contributor

The hearts are just like a like on facebook or a favorite on twitter. It just means you like. I dont think its any type of popularity contest! Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I think  hearts are  like the "like" thingy  on Facebook  but if you look in you profile or somewhere in your info,you will see how many people gave you a heart,so then it turns out to be a heart contest to see how many hearts you can get.. Couldn't they just have put a like button?.... and not keep a record of it?

I also think you can get notified on how many hearts you get and who hearts you.I hope I blocked that out.

Super Contributor

@Mama Mia wrote:

If you look at the Q's definition of Hearts it is no more than a popularity contest and they should know better than that.Man Sad

mm

I kind of like the hearts.  I Heart your signature and fully agree with that.  Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Bestdressed, I agree with you.  I've never felt the need to have anyone saying "I agree"...."right on", etc.

I find it more interesting when people disagree and (without being mean or rude) state why they disagree (or if they agree, why not say what it is that you agree or disagree).

i still think hearts are juvenille.  I guess things aren't going to change so as we so often do on the "old" TV forum (which I miss dearly) I'll agree to disagree.

in the meantime, if someone disagrees with me on a post or agrees with me, I'd love to have them say why either way.  That is the way we learn.

A long time ago (in grade school) I used to compete for happy faces on my papers.  i never was very good at it.  I am competitive only when i'm interested.

Respected Contributor

I just noticed the hearts. lol. I guess it is a "Like" or "Agree". Makes sense but I hope people don't try to compete for getting the most hearts, that is silly. 

Valued Contributor

I think that's a good idea to have choices. How about not just a heart but a thumbs up or ITA , or a smilie face or a thumbs down etc...