Honored Contributor

QVC seems to use the same hair models for Calista’s products, Tweak’d, Nick C. and last night’s Lamas’ shampoos and conditioners. So, which products do we believe give the models thick, shiny hair?

The “before” shots look their hair is slicked down w/ Crisco. That’s not a believable image for the “after” results.

Honored Contributor

Re: HAIR MODELS

[ Edited ]

I don't think it's the products (which doesn't mean they're bad in ANY way). I believe a good stylist can use ANYTHING and make someone's hair look FABULOUS. 

EDITED because I misread your question.

Just about any shampoo will clean grease and dirt out of your hair (but if it's a super moisturizing shampoo, it may still feel greasy). The real test, for me, is how my hair feels AFTER washing and conditioning with a product. Then, how it looks after styling. In most cases, it's obvious that products are either too drying, don't offer control, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I don't think it's the products (which doesn't mean they're bad in ANY way). I believe a good stylist can use ANYTHING and make someone's hair look FABULOUS. 

Just about any shampoo will clean grease and dirt out of your hair (but if it's a super moisturizing shampoo, it may still feel greasy). The real test, for me, is how my hair feels AFTER washing and conditioning with a product. Then, how it looks after styling. In most cases, it's obvious that products are either too drying, don't offer control, etc. 

@SahmIam  So, other than the WEN Girls, the models change products depending on the vendor.

Honored Contributor

They always use the models with the healthiest and thickest heads of hair. Put me up there and that would be a whole different story. Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@SahmIam  So, other than the WEN Girls, the models change products depending on the vendor.

@Shanus wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Shanus 

And even in those WEN before photos their hair is made to look worse than it probably ever did in their entire life. Only MO of course. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Shanus 

And even in those WEN before photos their hair is made to look worse than it probably ever did in their entire life. Only MO of course. 

@shaggygirl   Not sure if those models are WEN loyal either. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus - I believe the models used for Wen shows do sign something that states they use only Wen products. 

If a person does sign something like that, they  really can't be "caught" using another brand/item.

I was on a commercial shoot one time and the child in the ad did not like the product he had to taste. Mother swore up and down he loved that product. Well, he was let go and another child was hired. 

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the Peter Lamas volumizer a couple of weeks ago, and returned it as soon as I tried it. The vendors use models with heavy hair, so of course it volumizes. Also, they professionally blow dry and use styling products and tools on them. They look like they stepped out of a salon. I've sent back too many hair products, and lost the shipping. I know better when a model is on and they're trying to make 2 hairs look like a thousand. 

Respected Contributor

Even the Wen models do not look exactly the same when the product is not being sold.

Esteemed Contributor

The worst one I ever got from QVC was a Nick Chavez shine product. Hollywood Shine or Star Shine or something like that. It stunk to high heaven and my hair looked I had put lard in it. It smelled so bad that maybe something was wrong with it, I don't know. I did like a few of his shampoos & conditioners but his prices are too high, not in the strastophere with WEN but high all the same. Did you ever see what these two charge to have your hair cut by them personally?  But I guess all the big names in hair care sock it to you for a little personal attention. And as long as women will fork it over and feel it's worth it who can say they're wrong to take advantage of it.