Respected Contributor

Great tips for “root” touch ups

These are some great tips for “root” touch ups, since we can’t go to the Hair Salon. I’m not concerned about my roots because I’m not going anywhere right now. But for those who do...... https://youtu.be/8AZc6wQtVm4
Respected Contributor

Re: Great tips for “root” touch ups

I buy a boxed hair color. I only do all of my hair 3-4 times per year. I take 1/4 -1/3 of each of the 2 bottles in the kit and mix them in a plastic bowl. I divide my hair into sections and clip. Then I part the sections and apply the color with an applicator brush. So easy, and the rest of my hair doesn't get over-processed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I colored my hair I would dump the dye into a bowl and, after sectioning my hair, I used an inexpensive paint brush ( 1" from hardware store) to paint my hair.  After I am finished painting I add 1 /4 cup shampoo to remaining solution and apply to rest of my hair.

Respected Contributor

Love hearing the how to's you gals post here!

Today I mixed up a strand test but I applied the mixture to my side by ear area (lot's of gray there) and then another small section right in the front part area.  I just wanted to see how it came out before attempting all my roots sometime next week.

I have to say the color looks decent and should be passable w/o looking too dark or too light with the rest of my hair.  I just have to learn how to section my hair like you ladies are talking about.

I plan to practice that and say the next time I shampoo my hair I will apply my my WEN poo with the brush from a bowl and see how I do LOL!

Since I won't be doing my ends it will be less messy for me a 1st timer. 

I accidentally poured out way too much developer in my tiny dish to do the test had already in dish the color amount!  So I have messed up already.

I have several other box kits on hand from same brand but dark shade...thinking I could just use one bottle developer from it instead.  

Contributor

I have my first Zoom meeting as executive director tomorrow and I have an inch of salt and pepper roots.  Thinking about wearing a turban. Smiley LOL  Do those root touch up powders actually work?

Respected Contributor

@Deonnagrrl wrote:

I have my first Zoom meeting as executive director tomorrow and I have an inch of salt and pepper roots.  Thinking about wearing a turban. Smiley LOL  Do those root touch up powders actually work?

I had a zoom meeting early this morning and I hadn;'t showered yet so I turned off the video Smiley Surprised

Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@Deonnagrrl wrote:

I had a zoom meeting early this morning and I hadn;'t showered yet so I turned off the video Smiley Surprised

LOL, that's a pretty good idea.  Maybe I should try it.