Super Contributor

Suz585 - I'm a WEN girl, as well, and I haven't experienced breakouts as a result of it. However, my skin has been reactive to many other hair products.

Recently, I broke out horribly along my jawline, temples, and neck when I was using the SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. So, although I liked what the product did for my hair, I had to stop using it due to what was happening to my skin! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Valued Contributor
Thanks CM! Just to be clear, I only breakout when I use the CC as a mask on my face, otherwise (luckily) I'm fine everywhere else. I also often us the BGT as a body wash and no breakouts. Guess I'll stick to my PTR masks and skip WEN as a mask.
**Suz**
Super Contributor
On 9/28/2014 Suz585 said: Thanks CM! Just to be clear, I only breakout when I use the CC as a mask on my face, otherwise (luckily) I'm fine everywhere else. I also often us the BGT as a body wash and no breakouts. Guess I'll stick to my PTR masks and skip WEN as a mask.

May I be nosy and ask if you are using PTR's Rose Stem Cell Mask? If so, what are your results? I've been tempted to try this one. (Although I need another mask like I need a hole in my head!) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor
On 9/28/2014 Suz585 said:
On 9/28/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 9/28/2014 Suz585 said: Does anyone else breakout (get little whiteheads) from using the CC's on your face? I've used the seasonals (SOB, SHP) on my face, I've used BGT and each time I breakout. It kinda bums me out because I'd love to use WEN on my face as well. I use the oils on my face without any problems. If anyone has broken out from WEN, did you find any trick to using it as a mask without breaking out (aside from not using it on the face)? TIA

I'm assuming you leave some CC in as a leave-in? Do you have the same whiteheads along your jawline or hairline (or any place that your hair routinely touches)?

The reason I ask is because I found out the hard way that certain hair styling products cause a reaction to my skin. Usually in the form of breakouts along my jawline, neck, and hairline.

Maybe this is what you are experiencing with WEN, while using it as skincare?

No other problems anywhere else, just my face. Go figure, lol. . . . .I've been using WEN over a year on my hair with great results . . . . I completely understand what works for one doesn't always work another, just hoping someone has overcome this. . . . .Thanks for responding!

I can get whiteheads (milia) with any cleanser if it doesn't get all my makeup off. It's more from the makeup than the cleanser. I use tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, concealer and eye makeup and my 613 cc doesn't get it off completely. To get it off, I start with several drops of a WEN oil - generally POM - on dry skin, really massage it all over, add a bit of warm water to emulsify it a little, then add a pump of 613 and work it all together, then rinse. That gets my skin really clean.

Contributor

I've noticed that since using Wen, I've gotten some bumps on my back and shoulders (notably on the side I keep my wet hair pulled over to). Now I'm careful to clip my hair up after I put in my leave in and give my back and shoulders a quick rinse off before I get out and poof...no more bumps. For me personally, I think Wen is too rich to be used as skincare (I'm in my 20's). I've also gotten a pretty distinct rash from spritzing myself all over with the RTM. For me, the RTM works well on my hair and I've found it's fine to use in the air or even spritzed at the end of my bed, as long as I don't spray it directly on my skin or my pillow. The CC has never given me bumps on my scalp or hairline and my hair has never looked better so as long as I take that quick rinse off precaution and keep the RTM away from my skin, Wen is all-good in my book. I wish I could get some of the other benefits I hear other people mention on the boards though!

Respected Contributor
I have not had any ill effects for using any the CCs on my body. I used BGT and PTR on my face and I've used BGT as a mask with excellent results. My skin felt really dry after trying to use 613 on my face to cleanse so I would not use it as a mask. But that's just. Our facial skin is just so individual. I feel like BGT has really helped with clogged pores.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

During this visit Chaz said he mixes 613 with seasonals; I'm sure this is not the first time he's mentioned it. Seems as though he likes it when people come up with new ways to use his creations.

I always use whichever CC I use on my hair as a body wash and it's done a wonderful job of getting rid of the pesky dry skin bumps on my arms.

Also use BGT also as a facial cleanser with my Clarisonic - great results!.

Have not used CC's as a mask, but that's next.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor
On 9/28/2014 Suz585 said: Thanks CM! Just to be clear, I only breakout when I use the CC as a mask on my face, otherwise (luckily) I'm fine everywhere else. I also often us the BGT as a body wash and no breakouts. Guess I'll stick to my PTR masks and skip WEN as a mask.

May I be nosy and ask if you are using PTR's Rose Stem Cell Mask? If so, what are your results? I've been tempted to try this one. (Although I need another mask like I need a hole in my head!) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I'm rather new to the PTR line. I've been using his masks since late July. I purchased the Sephora trio - Rose, Pumpkin, & Cucumber. I do prefer the Rose Mask over the other two. I like to use a PTR FirmX or exfoliating scrub then follow it up with the Rose mask. I like what the Rose mask offers over the Cucumber mask. I plan to use the Cucumber a lot next summer, after pool days. Although I must admit, I'm rather new to masks (even though I'm 40) and don't have much to compare this to. I'm a bit of a brand hoarder, so once I find a brand I like (WEN, PTR, MAC) I tend to try almost all of their products. I am contemplating purchasing the large Rose mask, but I keep telling myself, use what you all ready have . . . Use what you have . . . Lol
**Suz**
Valued Contributor
On 9/28/2014 okiebug said:
On 9/28/2014 Suz585 said:
On 9/28/2014 Suz585 said: Does anyone else breakout (get little whiteheads) from using the CC's on your face? I've used the seasonals (SOB, SHP) on my face, I've used BGT and each time I breakout. It kinda bums me out because I'd love to use WEN on my face as well. I use the oils on my face without any problems. If anyone has broken out from WEN, did you find any trick to using it as a mask without breaking out (aside from not using it on the face)? TIA

I'm assuming you leave some CC in as a leave-in? Do you have the same whiteheads along your jawline or hairline (or any place that your hair routinely touches)?

The reason I ask is because I found out the hard way that certain hair styling products cause a reaction to my skin. Usually in the form of breakouts along my jawline, neck, and hairline.

Maybe this is what you are experiencing with WEN, while using it as skincare?

No other problems anywhere else, just my face. Go figure, lol. . . . .I've been using WEN over a year on my hair with great results . . . . I completely understand what works for one doesn't always work another, just hoping someone has overcome this. . . . .Thanks for responding!

I can get whiteheads (milia) with any cleanser if it doesn't get all my makeup off. It's more from the makeup than the cleanser. I use tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, concealer and eye makeup and my 613 cc doesn't get it off completely. To get it off, I start with several drops of a WEN oil - generally POM - on dry skin, really massage it all over, add a bit of warm water to emulsify it a little, then add a pump of 613 and work it all together, then rinse. That gets my skin really clean.

Great idea, I'll try this, THANKS!
**Suz**
Valued Contributor
Thanks Kjelle and Drythe, I appre your input!
**Suz**