Trusted Contributor

Re: Going to a new beauty salon soon

@qualitygal where do u live? maybe someone on the board lives in the same area & can suggestCat LOL

Respected Contributor

nycalady, when was the last time you went to a hair salon? The first thing they do when you check in, is tell you to change into a smock. Doesn't matter what you  are wearing. All the stylist sees is your smock.

Trusted Contributor

I have never heard of a hair stylist referred to as a “level one”. I live in the suburbs just outside of NYC.
Honored Contributor

I too went into a web site since I can't draw.  I did write down any notes to go with the 2 pictures I found. Mainly to show length, style.  I don't want one of the "little old lady" looks that use to be so popular in the gray hair at church ladies I saw growing up. Eventually I'll need a perm or I'll constantly look like I just came in from the rain. LOL

Thanks all. 

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

nycalady, when was the last time you went to a hair salon? The first thing they do when you check in, is tell you to change into a smock. Doesn't matter what you  are wearing. All the stylist sees is your smock.

@ahoymate I've never, ever changed into a smock for a cut...my stylist just uses a cape. Only if I was getting color did I need a smock.