Honored Contributor

This is how I am thinking of handling my gray grow out, I love the look and the cut, my current hair is showing in the avatar

a64b911cbfe053b328ac8f1e920e53be.jpg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

That's a really cute cut, but are you prepared to use a flat iron every day?  I don't think it's possible to get that sharp line at the bottom without one. 

Super Contributor

This looks similar to what I have except I have a straight cut bob that is shorter, but falls loose. My hair is thin, so it would not hold a slanted shape without spray.  

I had dyed my hair for decades and finally decided to let it go gray two years ago. I was so surprised that it was totally white except for a sprinkling of darker strands like your picture. I thought I would not like it, but I love it and wish I had stopped coloring earlier.

It is a definite change, but as I got used to it, I just love it. Since it is a neutral, all colors compliment it. I wear my gold jewelry or my silver and they stand out. All clothes colors are terrific too. I think you will love it.

tea

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2

Thank you  I have a keratin treatment that keeps my hair pretty straight, I will show it to my stylist and she can help in the decision 

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

That's a really cute cut, but are you prepared to use a flat iron every day?  I don't think it's possible to get that sharp line at the bottom without one. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

To answer Ms tyrion2 if you have straight hair, it doesn't take me but two to five minutes max to go over my whole head with my flat iron. In a pinch, I can just do the ends or in a tight pinch, I comb it damp on the ends and it stays straight. But, I have very straight hair, even though it's fine.

Also, I don't use the iron daily---damages hair as any hot device--curling iron, hot rollers, whatever. My beautician told me not to wash it every day, so I wash it twice a week and let natural oils get in the gray since the hair is basically dead. Sounds awful, but it works. 

If you don't like it, you can always change it.

tea

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox- What a great cut and beautiful color!  I hope it works out for you!  Please keep us posted throughout your transition.

Honored Contributor

It's really a beautiful cut  color.  I'm not usually a fan of gray but that shade is very nice.  Do you think your hair will grow out that to be that color?  

I love the cut too!  I have a longer bob (shoulder length) and just had a keratin treatment last week.  My hair is usually pretty straight but the keratin is keeping it razor straight like the style pictured and frizz free.  I plan on going back for a trim on Tuesday and will show my stylist the photo.  It's not too short or too long....perfect length!

Good luck with your hair!

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox This is absolutely gorgeous!  Wow.  I really like it.  You have great taste.

Honored Contributor

I I have decided how to handle this, with a gradual progression to grey, first time I will do the part with my normal  root color and do a 20% silver high light , then as the months go on more and more high lights until I am growing out the color naturally.

I want to progress to the grey but I do not want to do it over night.

Respected Contributor

That is a beautiful style and color. I am not normally a fan of going gray but this is gorgeous.