Contributor

There is always about 1/4 lotion remaining in my giant size bottles.  Anyone have idea's how to retrieve? I have discarded the original caps and only have the pumps which prevent turning upside down.  Even thought about sawing the bottle in half and transfer to another container.  Hope I don't sound stupid!!

Trusted Contributor

lol you don't sound stupid.  sawing off the bottom and transfering it to a smaller bottle sounds good !  just make sure you use a little funnel when pouring   Smiley Happy

Contributor

Thanks Roxxy for your reply.

Honored Contributor

I always cut my lotion tubes in half when there is a tiny amount remaining.  In this case, you do not transfer but rather use up quickly (two days).  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Contributor

See, I am stupid, never thought about leaving in original bottle!  Thanks--gonna go look for my sharpest knife.

Contributor

I use V33116 to use on Wen bottles and others. Sometimes they leak a little, but still better than wastinga lot of product.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I always cut my lotion tubes in half when there is a tiny amount remaining.  In this case, you do not transfer but rather use up quickly (two days).  Cat Very Happy

I do the same thing with anything thick like hand lotion that won't come out of a bottle or tube.  I put a piece of plastic wrap on top and a rubber band around the container to keep the ingredients from drying out until I finish whatever is left.

Honored Contributor

I don't cut anything, I just take the bottle top off and turn it upside down into a funnel inserted into a smaller bottle or a new bottle of the same scent. Push that up against a wall to so it doesn't fall over and walk away while gravity does the rest.

Honored Contributor

To get the rest of lotion (or anything out of those large pumper containers). I remember seeing a special "gadget" on one of the food shows that holds these bottles upside down. Maybe someone knows the item number.