Honored Contributor

Friend who works at ULTA told me Mally Cosmetics.......

[ Edited ]

is #1 in brands returned. : (

I'm so sorry to hear this but I also understand why. NONE of her products under the new owners has worked for me. THe Mally selection has gone from an entire aisle to 2 small sections....and my friend said even THAT is too much room for them because the stock simply isn't moving. "That's a good thing", she said, because stock isn't ARRIVING to sell.

I cringe every time I hear I brand that I love is purchased by another company; the products that were WOW become bleh...

Respected Contributor

Re: Friend who works at ULTA told me Mally Cosmetics.......

I am very, very sorry to hear that because I love her as a person, and I loved most of her makeup.

I know nothing about what is involved in takeovers or big business, but it has to hurt your heart when you've given your life's blood, sacrificed and gained accolades and top sales only to have it all topple down.  The problem is, her name is still on that product and as the quality went down, possibly the trust did too.

We can only hope that maybe she will come back under a new name with better than ever new products......and that would be such a big gamble.  Sadly, the company who bought her out owns her formulas.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Aside from her primer, I wasn't very impressed by her products before the sale. None of them worked very well for me and I didn't think they were better than anything else I'd used. I also hated that, like It Cosmetics and Laura Geller, her foundation shade range was really limited and didn't work for me. I know a lot of people love her products and I hope for them and for Mally that they find success, but I've just never found anything about them to make me a fan.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

is #1 in brands returned. : (

I'm so sorry to hear this but I also understand why. NONE of her products under the new owners has worked for me. THe Mally selection has gone from an entire aisle to 2 small sections....and my friend said even THAT is too much room for them because the stock simply isn't moving. "That's a good thing", she said, because stock isn't ARRIVING to sell.

I cringe every time I hear I brand that I love is purchased by another company; the products that were WOW become bleh...

This is why I didn't buy the humongous 12 piece set of full size produicts she was selling at holiday time!  The new formualtions are just 'okay' .......

Respected Contributor

Tomorrow I'm returning an item I bought before Christmas at Ulta.  Very disappointed.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

Malloy seemed like a great person but the quality of her products (mostly packaging) always seemed low and prices seemed too high IMO 

Respected Contributor

Loved her Mascara before she sold the company.  It went on smoothly without clumps.

Now it is very liquidy, filled with clumps and FLAKES.

Tried Lancôme: Defincils as well as their newer formulations Hypnose,met .  Flake City !!!

Ulta rep raved about " Better Than Sex  " mascara brand: same issue.

At any price, is there a mascara that goes on think, smooth and doesn't flake ??? 

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few years back I purchased some Mally products and I was not impressed nor were they bulletproof like she kept claiming.  Never againCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

The IT concealer has morphed into a tiny tube and the first pressing for use came out as a yellowish liquid followed by the regular concealer consistency.  Separation of product ?

Looks as though I will have to find replacements for:

IT BYE BYE UNDEREYE

IT CC CREAM FOUNDATION IN A TUBE

MALLY MASCARA

......yeas, I could really scream.  Are all these entrepreneurs happy with all their cash and so many folks disgusted with the outcome.  Surely, they knew the products that made them millionaires would be downgraded and their audience would be very angry.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

@jlkzI am sure that once they cash out they understand that it out of their hands and do not think that they really care much.  Luckily the return policies are great, easy to get the refund and spend on something else.