Esteemed Contributor

Re: Friend who works at ULTA told me Mally Cosmetics.......

SahmIam wrote:

@Trixx  Did not know about Carols Daughter. I know she went from not so well known to EVERYWHERE after she started appearing on HSN; her products are in so many stores now. 

It's been a long time as her hair products didn't work for me but I wonder if they changed at all?

@SahmI, Other than Monoi and the selections offered through HSN and the brand's website, L'Oreal has turned Carol's Daughter brand into a drugstore haircare line.  The only collection in the line which worked well for me was Black Vanilla, so I can't say whether or not anything has changed with the formulas.  I did buy a Black Vanilla deep conditioner recently, and it seemed to be no different from the previous version.  The colllection I discovered is a new one created for the relaunch in drugstores called Sacred Tiare.  It's tauted to work like Monoi being an anti-breakage strengthening line.  The shampoo and conditioner left my hair soft enough to get a comb through, which is a better result than I got from Monoi (which made my hair feel brittle). The scent is pleasant too.   

Honored Contributor

@Trix  I'll have to seek out  Sacred Tiare. Monoi did the same thing to me; brittle and just gross overall. Could NOT get a comb through my hair even when using the mask!!

Her Almond Cookie is what drew me in YEARS ago and then... it went away. Her scents aren't "true" anymore so....and after the Monoi mess, I left.

Super Contributor

I love mally and It Cosmetics,   I worked for the Mally corp in Ulta's  being a rep for Mally products.  It Cosmetics flies off the shelf and I have to say BE sell well there too but Mally doesn't sell.  And from what you just said they get returns.  Now I can't live without my Mally eyeliners LOL  But the beauty industry is over saturated with brands and products.  Also drug store lines like loreal , NYX etc, have come out with some great products.  So the competition is fierce.  

Respected Contributor

I watch beauty gurus on youtube all of the time and they never talk about Mally products-- never.  They also very rarely talk about bareMinerals.

Esteemed Contributor

TTA told me Mally Cosmetics.......

Right after the"sale" of her company , I heard her say on QVC, to order now (something like: "if you know what I mean")  I found one color of a shadowstick that I wanted at Ulta.  I never looked at her products again.

Korres & Trish M  eyeliners are great and Connie Stevens eyeshadows.

Honored Contributor

Re: TTA told me Mally Cosmetics.......

@Mary Bailey I heard that too and went out and bought the last of the Saddle cream eye shadow sticks.....they were discontinued along with other shades. LOVED that product. In the end, I've found that Trish McEvoy's cream eye shadow sticks are just as good AND are dupes for the old Malley shades I loved.