Occasional Contributor

I do not wear foundation for one simple reason; I cannot find one which doesn't transfer onto clothes or tissues, etc.

Do you have suggestions of brands that work well and DO NOT tranfer?  I want to look nice, but can't stand touching my face only to have my fingers be colored from a foundation.

I don't need alot of coverage.  Just want to even out my tone a bit.

Honored Contributor

@Scrunchkins  Have you tried a tinted moisturizer? I use BB with SPF...get all 3 steps done at one time, feels weightless and doesn't transfer anymore than just a moisturizer.

Occasional Contributor

I have not tried it.  I can't use SPF, but I'm sure they make it without.  I'll check it out.  Thanks for the suggestions.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't think any foundation is transfer-proof. Some are more transfer resistant, but I've never used anything that didn't come off on a tissue if I blew my nose

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Scrunchkins  Have you tried a tinted moisturizer? I use BB with SPF...get all 3 steps done at one time, feels weightless and doesn't transfer anymore than just a moisturizer.

I used tinted moisturizers and don't find this to be the case. The ones I've used transfer to a tissue and can transfer to clothing that it rubs against. I have an ID badge lanyard that was discolored by a Perricone tinted moisturizer.

Esteemed Contributor

Not quite sure why you would be touching your face except to blow your nose maybe.  I wear make up at work for the days I am there and I never touch my face except to freshen lipstick half way through the day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation help......

[ Edited ]

@Scrunchkins,  I wear Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer.  IMO, it's the best tinted moisturizer out there and I tried many -- I stopped looking when I found LM.  She offers several undertones to match your complexion.

Cat Very Happy    Cat Very Happy  P.S.  I just read you don't like SPF, then go to Nordstrom.com and type in a "tinted moisturizer" and you can read the reviews and select ones without SPF.  Good luck.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Foundation help......

[ Edited ]

Some foundations dry down more than others. But it should not smear unless you slide you fingers on your face. Tissues will take off some of your foundation. Why would you use a tissue to your face? Unless your blowing your nose, Put on your clothes before foundation, Try a transluent settiing powder if not try a setting spray. What foundation do you use? I have no problems with transference. I mainly use a tinted moisturizer that has buildable coverage. Bare Mineral complexion Rescue if you have normal to dry skin.                                                                                                                                                           Sorry, BM has spf. Just go to Ulta, Sephora or a dept. store to help you out. I alway wear foundation with spf, so maybe one of the ladies can also suggest a foundation to try. Depending on your skin type,