Regular Contributor

I am looking for light to med coverage but I hate that shiny dewy look. I would say my skin is more normal to combo. Of course matte emphasizes my wrinkles. I have tried so many, even tinted moisturizer but yet to find one I like  I am up any suggestions, either drugstore or department stores.  Just wondering what others find to be their favorites  Thanks 🙏 

Respected Contributor

Elf brand..

Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation help please!

[ Edited ]

@sann    My first thought too.....ELF Halo Glow dupe for CT.  Not to glowy, just right and vegan/cruelty free...inexpensive - how can you not like this product!  ELF is coming after high end! 🔥 

Honored Contributor

Sephora has the match foundation gadget

that might help

Respected Contributor
I almost always mix two foundations together. For light coverage, my current favorite is Wet n Wild Bare Focus tinted hydrator. It’s like $6 but I performs way about it’s price point.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jobiz wrote:

I am looking for light to med coverage but I hate that shiny dewy look. I would say my skin is more normal to combo. Of course matte emphasizes my wrinkles. I have tried so many, even tinted moisturizer but yet to find one I like  I am up any suggestions, either drugstore or department stores.  Just wondering what others find to be their favorites  Thanks 🙏 

@jobiz   For my personal and professional choices it's usually Bobbi Brown because of shade range and assortment of different coverage choices. Lightest  tinted moisturizers to full coverage Skin Weightless Foundation to foundation sticks, etc.

I also keep a range of Estee Lauder Double wear which you can do full coverage, sheer out w/ a bit of moisturizer or by using a dmap sponge. 

I like Lancome's Tient Idole Ultra 24 Hour foundation.

The new wave is towards skin tints...not a lot of coverage, but the idea is to let the complexion show through (if you have no issues) and if you do, a touch up in places with concealers or a foundation stick. 

Of course, if you want to go spendy, my newest favorite is the foundation sticks from Westman Atilier. I got hooked when I received a PR pkg. 

Jones Road and RMS is on hand for the younger women who like the all dewey (almost oily) "no makeup" makeup look. It can accentuate any pores or texture on skin.

I'm not a drugstore gal for foundation because it's so important to get a correct match or all your other makeup will be off. There are rarely samples and many are packaged and drugstores have an artificial harsh light that makes choosing shades difficult for me.

***A Shanus pet peeve: please don't rely on foundations for SPF. There's never enough coverage for protection.

***Skincare benefits in a foundation are iffy since you never know the % of what's in them. I prefer my own HG skincare before my foundation.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jobiz I have normal/oily, easily dehydrated/breaks our from everything/old skin.

I don't experiment much with foundations because 1. everything breaks me out & 2. I love what I am using.

Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation is my favorite foundation ever. It gives just enough coverage & is easy to adjust by adding a bit more or less. The finish is a "natural" finish. Not too matte. It's easy to get a color match. 

It's $39 for a 1 oz bottle. They have a promotion on the site for $20 off of $75 & 2 free lipsticks (They usually only have a few to choose from. Not the entire lipstick line.) if you spend $70.

And, with Mac if you collect 6 empty containers (mascara, foundation, powder, etc) & turn them in you can choose a free lipstick, lipgloss or eyeshadow. It's called the Back 2 Mac program.

My 2nd favorite foundation is Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Powder Foundation applied with Real Techniques Miracle Powder Sponge. The foundation gives light/medium coverage. Goes on beautifully with this sponge. It is matte, but not flat matte & looks pretty on the skin.

If I want a very polished, finished look I apply the Mac SFF & then brush the Fenty Powder Foundation over it.

Good luck! I hope you find something that you love.

Edited to add: You can get both of these on their own sites, of course, but also at Ulta.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I almost always mix two foundations together. For light coverage, my current favorite is Wet n Wild Bare Focus tinted hydrator. It’s like $6 but I performs way about it’s price point.

@RollTide2008   I always mix 2 foundation shades....lighter in the center of the face and darker (the shade of complexion) aroundd the perimeter and forehead). This brings brightness to the center where your features are and the outer areas in the face are a  frame. This can be done w/ 2 foundations or one foundation and bronzer around the outside of face, too. 

I also like uning a tinted moisturizer and then a medium coverage foundation on top where needed.

I've never tried Wet N Wild foundations, but like their lip pencils...the iconic 666.

Honored Contributor

Estee lauder, Futurist foundation.  I found  a perfect match to my skin.  I am 67, with normal to dry skin.

Honored Contributor

The IT CC+ Nude Glow Foundation & Serum is very nice. 

The Estée Lauder Double Wear is what I am test driving this week. It is lightweight with a matte finish, and is highly rated wherever you look. The trickiest part has been getting the right shade.