Valued Contributor
I recommend SKINN Plasma Fusion Full Coverage. It's a stick foundation. I'm 61 normal/dry skin. I apply with a foundation brush and it wears sheer but covers flaws - evens skin-tone. Does not look make-up heavy or accentuate mature skin issues. This is my favorite foundation. Set it with SKINN Setting Veil.
Honored Contributor

Currently using Almay Truly Lasting Color -- its in a pump bottle and I apply it with a foundation brush. It is buildable. I use a primer below it. Lasts all day-- I have normal skin-- not dry or oily.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I'm 66 and I have pretty good skin, but it is dry. I have found as I get older that less is more when it comes to foundation, and I really like BareMinerals Complexion Rescue tinted

hydrating gel cream.  It comes in many shades, and it gives just enough coverage . I use a beauty blender sponge to apply it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

You may want to try the new Juice Beauty Serum Foundation -- featured under New Arrivals today.  It's made by the company started by Gwyneth Paltrow and doesn't have any nasty ingredients.  I ordered from their site about a month ago.  For me, it was too dewy but it may be just what you are looking for.  I especially wanted to try it because it is one of the few foundations out there NOT containing Dimethicone. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Foundation for Over 55

[ Edited ]

@Trix wrote:

After being brought kicking into the world of primers, and now using one religiously for the past few years I am a firm believer that a mediocre foundation can be elevated to acceptably ok used with a great primer.  For CGR's situation of a foundation losig wear time I think you shoulda start your corrections with a proper moisturizer and then let's get you a great primer.  

This may sound counterintuitive , but if you begin your makeup with a dab of oil (it doesn't have to be argan oil, but that's my morning oil of choice) and your present moisturizer I think your skin will experience a moisture boost.  A great primer will lock that down and create a barrier between the foundation and the skincare. I could write a long list of wonderful options, but would only be able to say that most of them are only equal to -- not better than Laura Geller's Spackle. My personal favorites are Ethereal and Champagne, but they do have a little sheen, therefore a new user may be more comfortable starting with original clear Spackle.  

If you want to stick with IT why don't you consider the new CC Veil for winter.  Please buy it form QVC (if you do) so that you can get the brush.  It's $40 everywhere, but doesn't come with the brush elsewhere.  Other foundations I would suggest for a dry amture face would be Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24-Hr. Longwear.  It's a liquid, but very creamy and it stays where you put it until you take it off.  I have worn this foundation in many climate and physical situations and my face looks as fresh hours later as it did in my bathroom after initial application. 

Hi, fabulous info and thank you for an in-depth post! 

I'm 58, not a ton of wrinkles, dry- I have an Auto Immune disease that sucks every bit of moisture out of me. I stopped wearing foundation years ago because it made me look worse.  Recently I order IT CC, well, my gosh I looked the worse I've EVER looked! IT madelines worse....I couldn't wash IT off fast enough.Tried Tarte Amazonian Clay- still made me look older.

Alas, maybe foundation is out of my life forever. 

I do have good skin, texture is pretty good, pores not very big, actually when I went to a very expensive skin care counter where you could walk out with $2000 paid easily on 2-3 products ( not that I intended to do that) -their east coast executive was there- I didn't know who he was, just assumed he was the salesman. he told me I didn't need to buy anything because my skin was very good.I'd like to use a foundation at times, certainly don't want to look drier, or the lines I do have, don't want them to appear deeper or stay after I smile, make experessions.

right now I use, 

oil- either Josie's argan or Perricone's chia seed

Perricone's neuropeptide firming creme

and thats about it.

I'd like:

a great moisturizer,

something to help hollowness under the eye,

under eye concealor for darkening without making looking drier or lines appearing deeper

vertical lines above the mouth,

under brow skin lifting

foundation:

product that would keep lines from appearing deeper or visible after expressions, or making skin drier?

I don't need full coverage foundation, actually prefer a light weight or tinted  moisturizer or primer, I like a dewey look.

same as above for under eye concealor.

May have to go the Botox/filler route for some areas.

I do get Botox for migraines, which helps migraines a lot. it also helps with forehead lines, but I never had them to begin with.

YIKES! I wrote a lot, sorry.Cat Surprised

🐺

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Valued Contributor

I tried many foundations over the years.My favorite one is Jay Manuel in the tube from HSN.Glad I got 2 when he had a TSV.His brush is great also.It doesn't require any primer.Usually I use spackle for my other foundations.Dalton had a full coverage one in a black tube that is discontinued.Her new one is not as good.Edward Bess has 2 wonderful foundations.I loved Tarte too before the company was sold and many items are made in China now.I got 4 Baked Elements Geller compacts when she had a sale.I use them as finishing powder when I use my less favorite foundations.

Esteemed Contributor

After on-the-hunt for the best foundation ever, I think that Mally's Poreless foundation is the very best for the over 55 mature lady. It is excellent in every way. No matte, no powder look, no sinking into fine lines. It's excellent for skin usually going a little dry. The finish is just perfect. It leaves your skin looking like skin, poreless and just a little dewy. Not oily or shiny, just a hint dewy. I got the medium and it was a perfect match for me. 

I'm not crazy about the delivery sponge system. Not b/c of hygienics as I think they all have that problem, but b/c you never know how much you have left, how much you are using. But the end results are all worth it. I doubt there would be many who would not be thrilled with the results of this foundation. 

Super Contributor

It cosmetics cc cream period. Use three pumps for good coverage and your face will be beautiful!!!! Use the bye bye pores or it cosmetics radiance powder.

Super Contributor

Well I have to laugh. Did anyone name the same foundation? lol.  I'll add mine to the mix.......Chanel Perfection Lumiere.  

Like velvet on the skin. 

Trusted Contributor

I was always in love with Dior Sculpt BUT.................for two years I have been wearing Armani Beauty........Luminous Silk..........it is amazing...........call Nordies or go by and have them give you a sample you will love it.   It is so natural and beauitful.