Trusted Contributor

I love Botox! You are just the right age. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Contributor

Will do-thanks for your advice!

@Sawn wrote:

Imo, yes it is worth it. I had it done for my dd's wedding five years ago, and recently started again (along with QuantaBella and Juvederm). Wish I had continued it since the wedding! The discomfort is equivalent to a mosquito bite for me, which is nothing. I have it done for my ll lines. It is very nice not to look mad all the time, lol! Go for it! and do let us know what you think.

Highlighted
Contributor

Well, I did have my first session with Botox on Nov. 19th. I am glad I had it done, but not sure if I will continue just yet. It did almost take my 11's away, but not entirely. My forehead is as smooth as a baby's bottom-but that was not as much of a concern for me as my "frown" lines. All in all it was a nice experience, the Dr. was very nice and explained the entire procedure before doing anything. It was 11.00 a vile and from what I have read, that is a pretyt decent price. For 320.00 I need to see how long it will last before I I try it again.

Thanks for all of your help and encouragement!!

Esteemed Contributor

Do you prefer a plastic surgeon to do this or a dermatologist? 

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Do you prefer a plastic surgeon to do this or a dermatologist? 

Plastic surgeon!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@LovingLife2 wrote:

Well, I did have my first session with Botox on Nov. 19th. I am glad I had it done, but not sure if I will continue just yet. It did almost take my 11's away, but not entirely. My forehead is as smooth as a baby's bottom-but that was not as much of a concern for me as my "frown" lines. All in all it was a nice experience, the Dr. was very nice and explained the entire procedure before doing anything. It was 11.00 a vile and from what I have read, that is a pretyt decent price. For 320.00 I need to see how long it will last before I I try it again.

Thanks for all of your help and encouragement!!

I think it's $11 a unit!   You may have needed more!

Super Contributor

Re: First Botox Experience

[ Edited ]

I love my botox. I get the # 11 between my eyebrows, plus the crows feet and brow lift all for $166.  He is a top plastic surgeon.. I get it done very 3 to 4 months. It takes 3 days for the results to kick in. There is no down time.   There is no cream that can do this fabulous of a job.

Super Contributor

I totally agree that it's worth it.  I would post a before and after if I had taken a before two years ago.  My forehead was so bad with the 11's plus the horizontal lines--like totally engraved in.  Now they are not noticable AT all and I don't have to wear bangs if I don't want to.  Botox in forehead has also lifted my eyes up too.   

Esteemed Contributor

At 80, been doing for a few years.  I pay 599 a syringe here in northern cal. Do jurvaderm or restalyn also.  I call it my tune up every 6 to 9 mos.  Upper lip, 11 lines, forehead, under eyes, corner of eyes and marionette lines.  I do wait for the twice a year special, buy one syringe, get 100 off, or one free.

Honored Contributor

Re: First Botox Experience

[ Edited ]

I'm confused by these botox "syringe" postings.  Botox is not sold by the syringe--Restylane and Juvederm and Voluma are.  Botox is sold by the units injected.

Less than $9.50 a unit, and it's watered down (diluted) --per my plastic surgeon.  My surgeon runs specials, and it's usually $10.50 a unit and on rare occasion--$9.50.  It usually is sold full price, in my area, at $13 and $14 a unit.