Honored Contributor

I know we periodically ask this question so I apologize in advance, what are your favorite drugstore and prestige foundations? I'm open to all types of foundations (liquid, powder, stick, etc). 

Esteemed Contributor

Liquid just seems to land in my pores and looks bad no matter what I do. So I've been using either Pur or Fenty powder foundation. 

Honored Contributor

I hav several depending how much coverage I'm seeking. My every day one is a BB tinted moisturizer. I also use BB Serum Foundation (the next level of coverage) and the BB Stick Foundation...medium and buildable coverage. 

I stay with BB, but still hunting, because her very fair foundations, concealers and corrector offer a neutral undertone.

Honored Contributor

I've tried many foundations over the years, but  Chanel's. Perfection Lumiere Velvet is the best for me.  It is a thin liquid, but blends in so well ( I use a sponge ) that it looks like my skin only better. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

Oh I have a few.  Today I have on the Rose Inc foundation (a serum).  I have two colors mixed.  I liked it well enough to keep it but today I put on two layers and LOVE it even more.  It's very sheer and I can wear sheer but really prefer a little more coverage so I let the first layer dry and added a second.  It's stunning Smiley Happy  I may be giving my Lancome Tient Idole a run for it's money.  Yes, I think it is.  I also really really like the Fenty Powder Foundation and the Fenty Ease Drops (skin tint).  A very inexpensive serum foundation is The Ordinary.  It's beautiful on the skin as well if you have good skin.  These thinner formulas require really nice skin for them to look good.  I also have the Nars Light Reflecting foundation that I love.  I have others but these are the ones that stood out in my mind.

Respected Contributor

Mac Studio Fix Fluid is my favorite. Pretty finish, nice coverage (From light to medium.), spreads so nicely with my fingers, but if I want it lighter I will use a Beauty Blender to thin it out.

It looks nice all day long & doesn't break me out.

Fenty Soft Matte Powder Foundation is my favorite powder foundation. I apply it with the Real Techniques Miracle Powder Sponge if I am using it on it's own. A loose brush if I want to use it over my SFF.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

I wanted to add the Mac foundation to my collection but two things.  First it seems I came along too late to get in on the original.  They had just switched over to the new formula and no one was happy about it.  Next, I could not figure out what color I needed.  Seems they do things backwards over at the Mac Studio compound Smiley Surprised  I gave up.

Honored Contributor

I do not wear a lot of make up and I do not wear it everyday, however Doll 10 liquid from HSN I love, it comes with a brush and for me it goes on really well and it is always cool when I put it on, it feels nice.  I have very sensitive skin and I can wear this without issues.  I also wear Bare Minerals powder.

Honored Contributor

I actually had to go look at what I had.  These are my favorites:  

L'Oreal Serum Foundation, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, L'Oreal Infallible 24 hour Freshwear foundation, and the new Doll10 TCE Luminous foundation.

Tinted Moisturizers - Tarte and Laura Geller.

Powder - Laura Geller Balance and Brighten

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Jordan2 

Oh I have a few.  Today I have on the Rose Inc foundation (a serum).  I have two colors mixed.  I liked it well enough to keep it but today I put on two layers and LOVE it even more.  It's very sheer and I can wear sheer but really prefer a little more coverage so I let the first layer dry and added a second.  It's stunning Smiley Happy  I may be giving my Lancome Tient Idole a run for it's money.  Yes, I think it is.  I also really really like the Fenty Powder Foundation and the Fenty Ease Drops (skin tint).  A very inexpensive serum foundation is The Ordinary.  It's beautiful on the skin as well if you have good skin.  These thinner formulas require really nice skin for them to look good.  I also have the Nars Light Reflecting foundation that I love.  I have others but these are the ones that stood out in my mind.

@monicakm funny you should mention The Ordinary, I was looking at it. I will checkout the Fenty powder one. I should have mentioned I'm looking for medium to full coverage, my tinted moisturizer and foundation days are behind me!