Esteemed Contributor

Foundation - L'Oreal True Match Tinted Serum

BB Cream - Loreal Magic Skin BB Cream

I put both on w/ my fingers and then use a foundation brush to buff in. I have no issues w/ either settling into creases/wrinkles. I do NOT use a primer before applying. I do use a bit of primer afterwards on my nose area. It's a primer that has a bit of color and reduces the look of pores around nose area.

I am 64 with sensitive skin and neither of these two caused any issues for me. I like them and will buy both again when I run out of product. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Foundations

[ Edited ]

1. No.7 Protect & Perfect (Advanced)  All In One Foundation.  This is hydrating and age-defying. Light to Medium coverage.  SPF50 and listed for sensitive skin.  This is my everyday at home foundation.

2. Futurist Hydra Rescue (Este Lauder)   My favorite that I save for when I go out. This one has more coverage than the first one so it covers my brown spots better and the color is perfect.

I am 72 with dry skin in Winter and normal to dry in Summer.

Honored Contributor

Soft and like silk,

Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum ! Many colors.  Liquid silk!!!

Honored Contributor

For drugstore foundation I like Maybelline age reverse 4 in 1 Glow Foundation which is similar to Dior Forever Glow Foundation, which is my prestige pick.  I use them both. 

Honored Contributor

I alternate between two foundations right now;

• IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Compact - it's discontinued so once I out, that's it!
  • Too Faced Born this Way - the color match is absolute perfection...SPOT ON!

I have an extra bottle in my stash, but once I'm done I really want to get Estee' Lauder Double Wear.

MAC has a really good compact foundation but I've heard it changed.  It's called "Full Coverage".  That's really good, too.

I wouldn't mind trying the Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint or the Ilia.  They look good but I can only use so many at once!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 - I'm all over the place! If I want a light coverage my new favorite is Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40. For a heavier coverage I tend to go to Voodoo Makeup Coconut Cream Foundation or Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten. I recently tried the famous IT CC Cream, and I like that too. And. . . there are others!  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor
I've used CG AquaSmooth compact foundation exclusively for over 30 years. For my oily skin, this was the only product that didn't get orangey, greasy, or drip off my face. That said, AquaSmooth is no longer working for me so I'm really interested in this thread. Thanks
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

bareMinerals loose powder with SPF. 

Respected Contributor
I almost always mix two foundations. Lately my favorite combination has been IT Bye Bye foundation and IT illumination CC. I also have Too Faced Born This Way, Cover Girl with the red cap, Tarte Face Tape, and Revolution Conceal and Glow in my rotation.
Respected Contributor

@monicakm SFF hasn't changed. It was the Face & Body Foundation that they renamed & supposedly changed. F&B never worked for me. Pretty foundation, but it breaks me out.

Fun fact, Years ago when I first got into Mac, a 4 oz bottle of F&B Foundation was $18.

Studio Fix Fluid is perfect for me. 

The color system is pretty simple. I can never explain why it is the way it is. Some art theory reason.

C colors are yellow tones.

W colors are pink/peach tones.

N alone is a neutral.

N before a C means it is neutral, but with a yellow tone.

N before W means it is neutral, but with a pink/peach tone.

The higher the number the deeper the color of the foundation. 10 is almost white. 60 is very deep.

So NC20 is light beige with neutral golden undertone.

NW60 is rich espresso with red undertones.

Of course the easiest way to get the match that you want is to try it in a store, but thye have a nice explanation on the product page here. 

MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid Foundation - QVC.com

The QR code takes you to the Mac website were there are descriptions of each color.

I have ordered different shades around the shade that I call my shade "NW20" & they all work fine for me. N4, N4.75, NW17. Even an NC shade. They are all small degrees of difference that I may end up mixing with another shade, but they all basically work.