Honored Contributor

Re: Fake Eyelashes Are Outdated In 2024

@Still Raining 

I'm not out and about in crowds much anymore so I don't see what the masses are wearing. I do notice them on receptionists and nurses in doctor offices and on waitresses. Most wear thicker short or medium lashes and I wear longer and more whispy lashes.  They don't make the eye look heavy and dark. I have worn those in the past but I've settled on the longer and lighter ones.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Still Raining 

I'm not out and about in crowds much anymore so I don't see what the masses are wearing. I do notice them on receptionists and nurses in doctor offices and on waitresses. Most wear thicker short or medium lashes and I wear longer and more whispy lashes.  They don't make the eye look heavy and dark. I have worn those in the past but I've settled on the longer and lighter ones.

Yep no more going out to B&M or restaurants, but supporting grandkids is still fun.  Just is fun to see what teens are doing.  For some reason white high tops are in fashion in our mud!  Oh to be young again.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

I met some new kids on Sunday that are friends of my grandchildren's. One of the boys came up and introduced himself to me and shook my hand. That is unique  with today's kids. He could not get over how much alike my daughter and I looked.  He takes piano lessons from the same teacher my 44-year-old daughter took from and granddaughter currently take

.from.  Three of the four kids that were there that day are piano students so we got quite the concert 🎵🎼🎵💕

Grandson looked exceptionally handsome that day and I told him he gets prettier every time I see him. He blushed and said, "Oh Grammuffy!"  I could have embarrassed him LOL 

Respected Contributor

I don't use fake eyelashes. If I did, I wouldn't care whose opinion considered them "outdated." I do wish, though, 🤔 that those fake eyelashes that resemble creepy crawlies were outdated, and that women who wear them cared lol.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady 

I agree.  Since this is a beauty board and that was beauty news, I shared it.

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

Did your mom ever tell you not to worry about what others thought of XYZ?  Mine did.  She said they were too busy worrying about themselves rather than critiquing what anyone else was wearing or looking like.  Not me.  NOPE!  I notice everything about everyone I see LOL  It's my hobby.  I was sitting in a hotel lobby, as an 18 year old, people watching.  Family was up in the room.  Struck up a convo with a man and after a few minutes, he said, "You're from Texas aren't you?" DANG! I was trying SO hard not to sound like it.  Both my parents were/are "people" people.  Dad more so.  

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  I love to strike up conversations- its rewarding and fun to learn about people and how their days are going.  I bet you have a great Texas accent- its one of my favorite regional accents. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

I bet you have a great Texas accent- its one of my favorite regional accents

Thanks.  It works great on out of state men (g)  It used to more than it does now.  Now men are scared to comment fearing they'll end up being sued for s. harrassment.

Rolling-Eyes-Emoji.jpg

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SportyShorty07 

I bet you have a great Texas accent- its one of my favorite regional accents

Thanks.  It works great on out of state men (g)  It used to more than it does now.  Now men are scared to comment fearing they'll end up being sued for s. harrassment.

Rolling-Eyes-Emoji.jpg

@monicakm  Yep, I think that a lot of men are definitely afraid to comment on good looks and great voices these days.  I like compliments, but they're not as common these days since guys feel that they have to watch what they say more than ever- even if its a perfectly respectable compliment. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Still Raining 

@monicakm Do you have any favorites that you can recommend?  I have tried them and was never successful in getting them on myself.  I only really wore them once....when my DD got married we had a makeup artist do our makeup and I asked for lashes.  They looked great!

I just want a nice natural looking lash.  I have small eyes so I would have to trim them to fit well and I also would go for a more wispy look.  Can you please also recommend a glue that you like to use too?

TIA!